Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm missing a cap on one of the pipes shown below.

Can someone please point me the name of this so I can order a replacement? Also, is this an important part?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Car

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,465 Posts
I believe that would be the cap for the A/C line service valve. I think you can get those at an auto parts store.

Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
Also, is this an important part?
Replace it first chance, or cover it with a piece of masking tape in the interim. It keeps dirt out of the valve area.

Reactions: kaimanson

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you can go to a junkyard, you can snag one from there (you can probably get it for free). Not extremely important but would be nice to have it on there.

·
Registered
2012 EX-L, >129k miles, VCM Tuner, Honda tow pkg.
876 Posts
As @WiiMaster said, check the local parts store. These caps are not usually vehicle-specific and the parts stores usually stock them (at least, my local NAPA and Carquest stores do). If not in stock they can order them for you for a few $. Honda dealer probably stocks then too, but likely $5+ each!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This is just the first I came across. You only need one of each, not 5.

They are near "universal" fit for R-134a.

Reactions: LaserBacon

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you can go to a junkyard, you can snag one from there (you can probably get it for free). Not extremely important but would be nice to have it on there.
At my junkyard they take those off before putting the cars out in the yard. I believe because they have to remove all the fluids out of the car for safety.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
At my junkyard they take those off before putting the cars out in the yard. I believe because they have to remove all the fluids out of the car for safety.
They do have to save us from global warming by recovering the refrigerant gas. Which is a gas, not a fluid, but same basic idea.

Reactions: kaimanson
1 - 10 of 10 Posts