Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Odyssey Owners,
I am new to this forum and I would like to ask you guys that have a 2002 Odyssey and have replaced the timing belt and which brand manufactured the better belt and being used by many. I bought the Mitsuboshi timing belt kit and I am wondering If this timing belt have been used by many Odyssey owners and what are the comments or reviews regarding the quality of this belt. The belt has a mark of Mitsuboshi and its made in Thailand. Any information regarding this belt is appreciated.
Thank you

Tedpre :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
You already replaced the belt, you're not going to replace it again are you? Worry about somethng else :). I'm sure Mitsu belts are fine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You already replaced the belt, you're not going to replace it again are you? Worry about somethng else :). I'm sure Mitsu belts are fine.
Sorry, I need another coffee!
I reread your post and see you just bought the KIT.
Mitsubishi is a HUGE company that supplies parts to other auto companys.
My Ody origional PS and a/c belts are Mitsu and the origionals still look and work good at 129K miles. I assume the origional TB was Mitsu, I had the dealer replace mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just oredered the kit the only thing that I am concern with that I thought Mitsuboshi is made in Japan the timing belt that I recieved is made in Thailand with Mitsuboshi marking on the belt do you think this version of the belt has the same quality as if this is made in Japan?

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
It should not matter. When you get a belt from a dealer, some have Mistuboshi on it. Some have "made in Japan" on the bags, some Thailand.

·
Registered
171 Posts
'02 OEM timing belt is made by Gates

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
2,032 Posts
That's odd. Here the belt is stamped with "Mitsuboshi" on it. Different supplier for Canada?
When I did the TB on my 1999, the original belt was Mitsuboshi, as was the Honda Genuine Parts one I replaced it with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts