Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of 4 Moda MD9 aftermarket rims for my 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring last year. Purchased them on line from a company in South Bend Indiana. Went to my local tire dealer and put on a set of Blizzaks. Nagging issues with small amount of vibration since new. This year the tech starts to check the balance and comes back and says that 3 of 4 rims out of round, essentially egg shaped and this is causing the vibration. Go back to where I bought the rims and they offer partial compensation, bcaused by pot holes etc, and that they have never seen this problem before. Using the Hunter balancing machine the runout numbers are out of spec. I have done normal highway and city driving, but never hit any curbs etc. Can't figure out why 3 of 4 rims are disfigured. Suspect they were bad from day 1. Has anyone else had any issues with the MD9 model or the Moda rim series being out of round ? Need your data to build a case. Thanks
modamd9.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Obvious questions; (?)

You do have the hubcentric rings installed in the wheels, right?

Were the tires indexed when they were mounted?

The "we've never heard about that with those wheels", is usually tongue-in-cheek SOP. If you get blown off by the tire store, try the manufacturer. That being said, most aftermarket cast wheels are pretty soft, some worse than others, it's a heavy vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Moved to the dedicated wheels forum. Please post in correct forum categories to prevent future thread locks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts