Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I finally installed an air intake on my 06 odyssey EX. It is sounding nice and I can definitely feel the difference. I even attached some mini air filters to eliminate un needed hoses. I also installed a throttle body spacer during the process.
Liquid Fluid Petal Waist Knee

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Auto part Gas

Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tread

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Auto part Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Light Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive exterior

Sports equipment Helmet Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you say that. When I posted it I got a message saying the site was under maintenance. So I gave up on it. When I posted it earlier I seen it. And that's a little embarrassing.... sorry 😞

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
That area where your new filter resides ... I made a bunch of measurements using K thermocouples and my data logger many years ago. That area is a warm air stagnation point. You definitely get a better perceived "throttle response" when blipping the throttle with that setup, but you're now drawing air from a location that's warmer than the stock location.

OF

Edit: I can't spell "area"

Reactions: jackrabbit000

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is a work in progress. I do plan on putting a coupler to angle an extension to go down kinda under the battery. Somewhere in that direction. I also plan on creating a type of heat shield too. Send me some pictures for ideas.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Me? I would've just kept the stock air induction system. It's just a minivan. I know the enhanced throttle response is nice, but we drive these things at part throttle most of the time, most every day.

Those Helmholtz chambers in the stock induction piping do a great job of dampening acoustic resonance in concert with the plenum-and-runner intake manifolding at part throttle mid-RPM operation. The unintended bonus is that defeating that harmful intake resonance makes for "quiet power". It's the one time where you can get both better power and less noise at the same time.

On a plus side, you have serious mad TIG welding skills. Love those welds! :cool: I'm planning on going to the local Vo-Tech and taking a welding class.

OF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts