Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power doors have actually been pretty good. (99 EX, with 145K) However, they are getting a little balky, and need a little help depending on temperature, etc.

Now that child seats and strollers are long gone, manual doors would be fine. Rather than even mess with the power, can I convert the doors to manual, and remove the motor/closing actuator, etc.?

Has anyone ever done this? I can't find anything in my searching.

Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
I did this to my '98 Oldsmobile when the power door was balky. The repair manual had about 1" of text and stuff on how to troubleshoot, was horribly complicated and my problem was it would not close all the way and would reverse like it had a foot in it (safety feature) and I figured the motor was wearing out. It was pretty simple the motor uses cables at least on my GM, and you disconnect them, feed them through the to where the motor unit is, unplug it and remove all that stuff. The rollers and door latch at least on mine were separate from system so no issues, and it made operating it much easier as the cables took a big yank to overcome all the motor and stuff when operating manually. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts