Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got everything I need to do the glovebox mod...got everything except the 4PDT relay for the Video On My NAVI...just need the 3M spray for the dead pedal mod...finally got a replacement cord from Honda to restring the steering wheel wrap...printed out my 3 orders of Zaino (one batch for my dad & one batch for my brother's new Avalanche..though he probably won't need much w/ all the cladding! LOL)

Still haven't ordered the LCD & Poron from Autotoys yet but will probably do that later this afternoon.

THAT WILL DO ME FOR AWHILE! If I spend another penny on the van anytime soon after this, my wife will shoot me! (oh, gotta get the PS2 at the same time I get the LCD!
)

*sigh* Now if I could just lock my family in the basement for a weekend I could get caught up on all the stuff I want to do!

I'm almost more excited about having a big rubbermaid full of all my goodies than actually doing all the mods. Well, I got some vacation coming up and the way I see it, some of that time should be just for me to indulge myself.

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (3300 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights
</font></td></tr></table>

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 08-23-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Take it easy Marvyn. You got a lot of work cut out for you there. Just make sure you read and understand all the instructions before doing any real work. Anyways...good luck and can't wait to see the finished result.

-Nestor

P.S. I too have a Rubbermaid bin full of tools, parts, etc. when I'm doing my mods. Great minds do think alike. (Either that or they shop at the same place)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hey Marvyn,
Boy your mod life sounds like my work life! Trying to drive many project to a close, but none are quite there!

Hey, at least this is fun stuff, and you've got a supportive group of mod-a-holics out here to support you.

Just take it one-project, one-weekend, or even one hour at a time. I've got the family thing workin' too and so I take the late-night and early morning approach to projects....

Try and picture me down in my garage at 6:30 last Sat morning taking frequency response measurements in the van, switching out speakers, etc.... I've got a bunch of battery and corded work lights that allow me to get down and dirty no matter what time it is!

Anyhow, good luck and keep us posted!

-SJ

p.s.- Who doesn't use rubbermaids? I also use a big fishing tackle box for electronics connectors, etc.. and have MANY of those clear plastic multi-compartment flip open thingies...

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
169 Posts
Switch to decaf Marvyn, you'll burn out soon. Besides, if you do it all at once, you'll have nothing left to tinker with...

What am I saying?! I still have to install my MA LCD monitor, VCR, TV antenna, glovebox lights, FM modulator...

"Waiter! Another double Espresso, pronto!"

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
You should see my garage. I have SE-R projects lined up to be done on the shelves and Ody projects are on the bench.

Ah ... the life of an Ody Geek.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
I too have a Rubbermaid bin full of tools, parts, etc. when I'm doing my mods. Great minds do think alike. (Either that or they shop at the same place)
</font>
Oooo, but do you individually package your mods into ziplocs?
I took to that as I was starting to end up w/ piles of stuff from Home Depot & everywhere else; I got some ziploc 'snack bags' & doled out exactly the screws, wires, etc for each mod in the queue so I won't have to dig around in the rubbermaid looking for all the doo-dads.

Its really kind of fun; makes me wanna close the rubbermaid & shake it up real hard then without peeking, reach in and pull out a ziploc & see which mod I get to do!

·
Registered
169 Posts
ROTFL!

Mike

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Oooo, but do you individually package your mods into ziplocs?
I took to that as I was starting to end up w/ piles of stuff from Home Depot & everywhere else; I got some ziploc 'snack bags' & doled out exactly the screws, wires, etc for each mod in the queue so I won't have to dig around in the rubbermaid looking for all the doo-dads.

Its really kind of fun; makes me wanna close the rubbermaid & shake it up real hard then without peeking, reach in and pull out a ziploc & see which mod I get to do!

</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts