Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used these on a Gen 2 Ody?

Rock Auto lists them as an "economy" option in comparison to Sensa Tracs or KYB GR-2's....I'm kind of curious if they would be worth buying.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can offer.

Regards,
Shea:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey. Shea

i just did kyb gr2s, they made a big difference in ride quality, look at amazon. we had $305 in struts,mounts,boots, and shocks- i felt like it was a good price and an easy install.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Monroe's are what I put on the back of my van and I think they are a bit week. The old OEM's were harder to push in than the new shocks. I put OEM strut kits on the front. I don't see the Monroe's lasting the 10 years that the OEM ones lasted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, folks! "Real World" answers from people with the same vehicle are quite helpful.:coolio:

One nice thing about owning an "old" car is that, over time, the price of parts goes down. Since the first time I priced these on rockauto.com, the price of the GR-2's has come down to be what the Sensa-Tracs were previously. Also, they've added these Monroe-Matics, too.

While I like saving a buck when I can, the actual price difference between the KYB's and the cheepie Monroes kind of makes up my mind I'll go with the KYB's. We have to replace my wife's aged Accord this year, so I'll be driving this Odyssey for at least the next five years.

Thanks again for your kind and helpful responses.:)

Regards,
Shea:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts