Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the moonroof visor installed today. After installation, my husband was concerned whether it was OK to take it through a car wash.

Does anyone else have the moonroof visor installed, and have you taken it through a car wash - were the results OK or problematic?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is OEM, it "should" be designed to handle it.

Disclaimer - I will not assume any responsibility if the car wash ripps it off your car and damages your sunroof.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would rather handwash my car the see the moonroof visor aweeee....at the automatic carwash. Or do the manual pressure washer at coin operated car wash. Safe to say its safer that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like to know too. I have an 05 Accord with a visor installed by the dealer and has been through several car washes. I have never had any issues and have went through touchless and the ones with brushes. Mine is 5 years old though, and I don't know if it would be the same quality or not. I would almost say better safe than sorry and not do it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a moonroof visor on my 06 Ody for 4 years and took it through a few auto washes. It held up fine. It was installed by my husband.

We have one on the new van, but haven't taken it through the auto wash yet.

·
Registered
739 Posts
This thread is an April Fool's joke right?

If you read the manual that comes with the visor, it says you must remove and reinstall the visor every time you go through a carwash, hurricane or tornado, and don't back out of your garage unless you have the door all the way up...

BTW, can't go throught the car wash with cross bars either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts