Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 w 130k miles just got a rebuilt transmission, now when in idle, we, I and my wife both feel the engine vibrates more than it was prior to the trans replacement especially when waiting in traffic. Brought back to the garage and he states that he did not feel anything out of ordinary. The car did shake more for sure. the engine mount and transmission mount were replaced around 93k miles, what could go wrong? Could the mounts go south again?BTW, this is only my 4th transmission on the car.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 03 Odyssey.
Had two engine mounts replaced in Sep 10 and transmission rebuilt in Dec 10. Van now shakes and makes odd humming sound while in park. Also, when I leaned over the engine to pinpoint sound I barely leaned against engine bay and shaking and noise went away. When I stopped leaning on the engine bay the shaking and noise returned.
It feels like a engine mount issue but they were just replaced. Also, after the engine mounts were replaced but before the transmission was replaced there was no shaking or noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts