Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
No guessing necessary. It's a Canadian Ody!

The odd things are these:

* 81 Miles

* Used

* Never Been Driven!! (It must also have an autopilot to put on those 81 miles. Or is it kilometers?)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, it is odd that the Odm isn't in km. However, everything else seems to indicate non-US, a Canadian. Nothing wrong with a Canadian version as its really all the same Honda quality parts, but wouldn't someone be surprised at the hassle of a third party warrenty when something does fail.

BTW, if you look that their past auctions (ie. look at the comments made on them then click on the auction item) they all seem to have the same pictures. The ones they sold last month and the one they're selling now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I liked the part where they said it had 5 doors "or more!"

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I researched this one real well...

I actually talked to their rep out in the LA area and in Arizona.

They are bringing the Vans in from Canada, mostly the western Canada. Then, a sworn, Notarized guy (Whatever this means)changes the odometers from KM to the Miles type in seattle, WA. the 3K package is the Canadian deal, Colder Weather and all...

Many people still buy from these guys, The fear I had was the story about Gray Market thing and the warranty. For a conservative Engineer like me who pays great attention to resell value (my # 1 reason fro buying an Ody) It just seemed a little risky.

Other than that It is the same Van and sure a better deal.....!!!!!

------------------
EXL Strugller

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EXL Strugller:
They are bringing the Vans in from Canada, mostly the western Canada. </font>
No wonder that when I visited one of our local dealers last weekend, he stated immediately that the only way he could sell us an Odyssey is if we put down a $4000 deposit, had the car sit on the dealer lot for 10 days, and register it only in Canada!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Those Canadians get it all!

Heated mirrors, more than 5 doors, standard engine block heater!

·
Registered
180 Posts
What!? Canadians get more doors than we do?! That's outrageous. We need to start a campaign to get more doors. How about a seven door model?

Hmmm -- hood, 2 front doors, 2 sliders, rear, gas flap = 7!

·
Registered
329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llarry:
...How about a seven door model?

Hmmm -- hood, 2 front doors, 2 sliders, rear, gas flap = 7!
</font>
No, no, no...you have it all wrong. We already have a 7 door model.

1. Driver side front door
2. Passenger side front door
3. Driver side sliding door
4. Passenger side sliding door
5. Rear hatch
6. Driver side front window
7. Passenger side front window
(Didn't you ever watch the Dukes of Hazzard?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know why they would be selling an EX-L as used for a buy it now price of $28,690! That is the exact MSRP for a new one. I know because I just picked one up a few days ago. I was able to get it the same day that I went to test drive one because a person backed out of his deal. Paying MSRP sucks but it seems to be worth it compared to the T&C we almost bought.

Russ

------------------
'02' GG EX-L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts