Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in SE Michigan today, we're having high wind advisories for the whole day.

I had to take a fifty mile jaunt this morning and the winds are probably at least thirty mph and expected to go much higher.

The winds are westerly and a lot of my trip was on North/South sections of I-275, which is built up on a raised-up road bed, making it's exposure to crosswinds worse than usual.

The Ody, in spite of it's size, is one of the nicest handling, least tiring, vehicles I've had the pleasure to drive in the wind.

There were no sudden sideways thrusts that are so typical of driving conditions such as these. Just a little bit of very easily controllable movement.

Just one more nice safety feature.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
596 Posts
A really good front-drive vehicle should not wander AT ALL. My Odyssey needs a lot of minor correction in a crosswind and it is somewhat disappointing, since my DC van was straight as a string down the interstate, even in Kansas. It is not dangerous, just annoying. Windwander gets under my skin the way NVH gets to you, Chuck.......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
564 Posts
That's great to hear, Chuck.

Jerry - at a constant speed, I'm not sure what FWD would add to the cross-wind equation. If you're driving a barn-door down the road, it would have to be effected somewhat by a cross-wind, wouldn't it?

The 2001 Volvo V70 that I drove for a year was the only car I've ever driven that seemed impervious to cross-wind. Besides the awesome freeway power, that was it's best feature.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX
1997 EV1

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chuck: We had about the same weather today in Quebec. Really strong winds +++ and I drove the van on the highway and it responded very well. I did not feel any sudden movement. I felt very safe. I am very happy with our Ody

Louise

02, GG LX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts