Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I got a 2005 honda odyssey as my first car and has about 160,000 miles on it and was used as a store van for a while. but now that I have possession over it my one and only goal its to see how much horsepower I can squeeze out of it for the least amount of money. so far I have removed the stock airbox and replaced the airfilter with a small piece of mesh. and of course removed the secondary muffler so it sounds passable.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
'05 EXL or Touring? If so- Muzzle it. Not for the negligible power gain, but to mitigate damage caused by switching off cylinders in ECO mode. Obviously your not looking for economy! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'05 EXL or Touring? If so- Muzzle it. Not for the negligible power gain, but to mitigate damage caused by switching off cylinders in ECO mode. Obviously your not looking for economy! :ROFLMAO:
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I have the touring model, and yes economy is one of the things i'm least concerned about

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
also what kind of damage would the vcm cause the engine without the stock air filter? I was even considering removing it following this video. but im worried it will also disable the vtec

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Plenty of threads about VCM in the 2nd gen '05-'10 section. Leather seats, ECO light and VCM on the plastic engine shroud are the give aways that you have VCM.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,682 Posts
Yeah. 3 cylinders probably has a lot less horsepower than 6.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
replaced the airfilter with a small piece of mesh.
What kind of mesh? The engine needs clean air. Dirty air can cause accelerated cylinder wall wear.

Also, you can improve performance by lightening the van e.g. remove the third seat if you don't need it (100+ pounds).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts