Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out:

http://www.carstereoconnection.com/coolcart/cgi/ViewProducts.cfm?Manufacturer=60&Cla ss=120

There's a link in the middle of the page to a MA product that just came out which looks suspiciously like the 'traveltheater' 2.4 ghz transmitter.

This contains both transmitter & reciever (size 2x1.5) which you can use w/ any flipdown LCD to transmit your video (& audio if there are speakers) wirelessly to your LCD! Its only $55.

In other words; the Jensen installs that people are doing can be made easier and cheaper by not having to remove the headliner to route cables. You simply install your $300 Jensen, attach the reciver to it (you can probably hide it fairly easily) run power for both reciever & jensen from your dome light & you're done!

Now simply plug in your VCP/PS2 to your AC adapter, attach the transmitter & push it under the seat.

This is a brand new product, the guy at carstereoconnection said they were just recieving their first shipment next week.

It sounds like traveltheater engineers got the head start on this and put the reciever components inside the LCD screen housing and added a couple of speakers while they were at it! For those on a budget who want an LCD, the Jensen (or any other cheap LCD screen out there) can be done for far less than iVES or anything Circuit City or Best Buy will install and now you don't have to be intimidated by the prospect of removing your headliner, etc. to install...

------------------
Marvyn
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey, this looks like a great product. I have had the Jensen unit sitting on my shelf for over a month, mostly because I can't get up the courage to yank the headliner and install the unit. I've also had a leather kit sitting on a shelf for over five months for the same reason! Anyway, if you use the wireless video/audio transmitter, wouldn't you still have to use an FM modulator to get the sound from the tv monitor to the vehicle's sound system (especially if you are using the tv tuner), or is it possible to transmit the sound separately to the van's radio and the video signal to the t.v.? Also ,where did you get the specs on the size of this unit? Will it fit somewhere within the Jensen unit so as to not be visible from the inside of the van? Thanks.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called carstereoconnection to get more detailed specs on the unit. The techie I spoke with said that it is easy to hide the reciever with any flipdown LCD/console unit. I can't speak any further about it than that statement along w/ the dimensions he quoted me.

As for the FM modulator; that is true. You would still have to buy either some wireless headphones (does the Jensen support these?) or buy the modulator to run the audio out through the radio.

I'm still stuck on the traveltheater (i know! I'm a broken record!) because you have 3 options (a) the stereo speakers on the LCD unit itself (b) the wireless headphones or (c) buy an fm modulator separately & run it through the car speakers.

What I like about putting together your own system is you can shop for the best fm modulator; you're not stuck with what is shipped with the 'kit' if you buy an all-in-one unit.

Traveltheater is available at samsclub.com for $509 w/o headphones or VCP or DVD and for $599 at autotoys.com w/ 2 headphones but not vcp or dvd. I'm still looking around to see if it shows up cheaper anywhere else....

------------------
Marvyn
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights

1 - 3 of 3 Posts