Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at work I was searching Abt Electronics for ideas and came across a few neat gadgets.

Sony DVPF5 super thin DVD player $599.00

My personal favorite ...

Audiovox Mobile VOH1332 13.3" LCD Flipdown Screen / 2 Channel A/V Switching/ Built-in Tuner $1799.00

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

[This message has been edited by Jim F (edited 04-06-2001).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
One thing isn't clear to me about these LCD with built-in tuner. Does this mean I have to connect my dvd player directly to the monitor?. Backseatheater system has a remote transmitter so no direct connection from player to monitor is needed. Can someone enlighten me?...
. I don't want to get a VCP. So , I'm thinking of buying just an LCD (maybe with tuner) and a dvd player. But, I wouldn't want to have to connect the player directly to the monitor if I can help it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You always connect your video source direct to the monitor. It is no different than hooking up your home VCR. The best monitors have the tuner built right into the system. I just purchased a Jensen 6.8 monitor and universal overhead mounting pod with built in tuner for $355 from Ubid/ The monitor is selling at etronics for 685. There is a constant stream of mobile video products on sale at ubid. I have purchased many items from ubid and am extremely happy. It is very easy to run a wire up the side pillar and to the monitor.
I like the thin Sony dvd however it is very pricey. I am probably going to buy a Playstation 2 for my van. My son has one in his room and the dvd output is super. Playstation 2 is currently selling for 299. The only drawback is that it is not made for mobile. Several people have used them without skipping in cars. I will rattle my sons a little bit to see how much effort it takes to make it skip. If I feel that it is too unstable I will either use a mobile dvd player made for cars. Best Buy currently has one in stock for $278 it is almost identical to the one in Jims earlier post. Circuit city has a mobile player for 249 made by aiwa. It is a very nice player however it features a top load like the sony. One advantage is its small size it is about the size of a book. My screen should arrive within a week and I will decide by then what dvd to go with. I will post all of my installation pictures for everyone to see.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
Circuit city has a mobile player for 249 made by aiwa. It is a very nice player however it features a top load like the sony. One advantage is its small size it is about the size of a book.</font>
I think this is the one you're talking about.

Aiwa DVD

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts