Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparenty my local COSTCO is now selling the same MOTEGI wheels that I have! Even in Gun Metal.

For $179/each you can get some 18x7.5 MOTEGI MR7s

They also now stock Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position to match the 18s.

So if you still want some...you might want to check your local COSTCO!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yeah, I saw those the last time I was there with my wife and kiddo. She (my wife, that is) looked at me with her disapproving "are you crazy?" look and then walked away. Yeah, I think that would be a no-wheel-upgrade hint if I ever saw one. I guess I just have to (continue) to focus on A/V for now....

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, Costco has "rims". In fact, they have whole wheels, Hee! Hee! I couldn't help jumping on that one.......

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
I stopped by my local Costco yesterday and there was the display-with Nestor's exact wheel right inside the door! They come in chrome too, which I think would look great on RRP Odys. Too bad they are on back order...Oh well, on to America's Tire (GREAT store!) Put together a package deal there-hope they're in before Ody gets here!

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Apparenty my local COSTCO is now selling the same MOTEGI wheels that I have! Even in Gun Metal.

For $179/each you can get some 18x7.5 MOTEGI MR7s

They also now stock Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position to match the 18s.

So if you still want some...you might want to check your local COSTCO!

-Nestor

</font>
Nemogira,
Very nice rims that you have! Are you using Potenza that you mentioned?
I have a silver 02', do they have any other color beside gun metal? I am planning to get 17" mr7, what size of rims and tires do you suggest? Since I am in NY, I need all-seasons tires can handle snow also. Thanks for any info.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002ody:
Nemogira,
Very nice rims that you have! Are you using Potenza that you mentioned?
I have a silver 02', do they have any other color beside gun metal? I am planning to get 17" mr7, what size of rims and tires do you suggest? Since I am in NY, I need all-seasons tires can handle snow also. Thanks for any info.
</font>
Thanks for the compliment. I'm actually running 235/50/18 Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Although I've heard a lot of good things about the Bridgestone Potenzas. I've heard they have great grip with size 17 and up. The MR7s come in white, silver, and gunmetal. You also might want to check out the Konig Tantrums. The MR7s are more or less imitations of the Tantrums. I would have liked to have gotten these but they didn't offer a gunmetal-like color. Which was one of the reasons I went w/ the Motegis. That and also it cost noticably less than the Tantrums!

You seem to have already decided on the size of the rims so as for the tires you might want to try using the Miate Tire Calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html . Just input the original tire size, which for the 2002 is 225/60/16. Then input various combinations for 17s. Looks as if 215/55/17 is closes you could probably get to stock dimensions. You also might want to ask members w/ 17s what their offset for their rims are and if there are any clearance problems. The Motegi MR7s in 17s are 7" in width w/ a +40 offset.

Hope this helps.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks you for the informations, guys!
Neither Costco nor Sears carry rims in my area, I might need to order it online!

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002ody:
Thanks you for the informations, guys!
Neither Costco nor Sears carry rims in my area, I might need to order it online!
</font>
Well the place I ordered mine still has them. Pretty much the same price as Costco's!

http://www.wheelsforless.com/motegi_racing.htm

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 01-02-2002).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts