Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mounted the tire behind the second-row left side seat.
1. I Got a tire mount from a 1997 Honda CR-V.
2. Drilled 3 holes in the side plastic panel. To mount it I used 3 -2" washers for strength.
3. To get to 2 of the studs I removed the speaker. For the third stud bottom right I cut a 2"x3" hole to the right of the stud for access. The fourth right top stud I drilled a hole 1/2" below the storage top and used a bolt(same size of stud) with a nut threaded a bit on the stud and tightened the bolt into the nut to secure.
Pic's added below in new reply.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You do know that you could put the pics here, right?

But my more basic question: Why did you want to do this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do know that you could put the pics here, right?

But my more basic question: Why did you want to do this?
Don't know how to do that.
I have made it into a disability van and needed to build up the floor where your feet would go and I like the use of a full size tire. I also took out the 3rd-row seat and made use of it for storage.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well with that added info, it sure makes sense.

The landscape pic icon, on the bottom toolbar, between the chain link and the camera, let's you add pics.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mounted the tire behind the second-row left side seat.
1. I Got a tire mount from a 1997 Honda CR-V.
2. Drilled 3 holes in the side plastic panel. To mount it I used 3 -2" washers for strength.
3. To get to 2 of the studs I removed the speaker. For the third stud bottom right I cut a 2"x3" hole to the right of the stud for access. The fourth right top stud I drilled a hole 1/2" below the storage top and used a bolt(same size of stud) with a nut threaded a bit on the stud and tightened the bolt into the nut to secure.

If you would like to see pic's send your phone # to 803-727-0734
Here are some pic's. Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
IMG_20220513_152028.jpg

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts