Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my Audiovox DVD-3100 in the slot where the pull out cup holder goes in my 2002 EX-L. From the Owner's Manual, it looks like that slot is use for the RES system. Is there a mounting bracket kit and/or trim plate that is available for aftermarket installations there?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dbw360:
I want to mount my Audiovox DVD-3100 in the slot where the pull out cup holder goes in my 2002 EX-L. From the Owner's Manual, it looks like that slot is use for the RES system. Is there a mounting bracket kit and/or trim plate that is available for aftermarket installations there?</font>
Check this install out, you may want to send Jake an email to ask about his install.

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000349.html

The other thing to do is email Trevor at HandA to see if you can purchase the '02 plastic trim pieces to try and make it look really clean. This will not be a cheap way to go.

Check the depth of the 3100 to see if it will hang like Jake's Nak. You can also make trim pieces from ABS, if you are fairly handy.

As far as an aftermarket braket/trim "install" kit, I don't think anything is available at all. Good luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the DVD will have to hang out, there seems to be at least 8" of depth available, the deck is less than 7". I did talk to Trevor at HandA, he says the RES deck actually mounts below the cupholders, with a special smaller storage bin. So I could probably retrofit, bit you are right, it won't be cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts