Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks back that our 2009 was destroyed in an accident. We are working on getting a 2010 EX-L of the same color ASAP because the 2011 does not look good to us.

My questions:
1. Can we program our old key fobs to work with the 2010?
2. What are the major changes from 2009 to 2010? They look almost identical to me.
3. I would also assume my weather tech mats from the 2009 will fit in the 2010?

Anybody know?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I don't know of any major or minor changes form 09 to 10. Also I don't see why your floor mats shouldn't fit. Its the same van, just a different year. Now if you were getting an 11 that would be a different story.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thejon said:
I posted a few weeks back that our 2009 was destroyed in an accident. We are working on getting a 2010 EX-L of the same color ASAP because the 2011 does not look good to us.

My questions:
1. Can we program our old key fobs to work with the 2010?
2. What are the major changes from 2009 to 2010? They look almost identical to me.
3. I would also assume my weather tech mats from the 2009 will fit in the 2010?

Anybody know?

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope no one was hurt. I can't answer your key fob question but I think the only differences between the two years were color-related. As already stated, the mats should fit fine. Let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the 2010 home last night and WOW. The 2010 is EXACTLY the same as our 2009. There is no difference at all between the two. It appears all they did at the factory was call the last vehicle off the line on some random Friday the last 2009, and the first vehicle off the line the following Monday morning was the first 2010.

We are happy, and we got a better deal on this one than we got on our 2009.

Good Times

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skinny2 said:
How'd it work out with the insurance? Did that extra "get a new one" coverage pay off?
Absolutely. They priced a 2010 EX-L (same as our 2009) with a few dealers to figure the OTD price. They paid off the old loan and gave us the difference.

Not a bad deal really, considering it only cost us $20 a year to add that coverage.

It was an unfortunate situation with the accident, but this part was relatively pain free.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa said:
Congrats on the new van. How's the wife doing?
Still a few broken bones that need to heal, but otherwise she's hanging in there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I wish California had that type of programs with insurance companies, like accident forgiveness, or if you total your new car with the first year, you get a replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts