Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My mp3 cord actually broke off inside of the jack. There is just a small piece in there. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get it out, or if not, where I can get a replacement mp3 jack? We were able to pull out the whole jack, just not sure where to get a new one and how much I can expect to spend. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seriously, so many details are missing it would be difficult for the most advanced human mind reader to guess what vehicle, type of MP3 converter, and stereo system that you are trying to fix. Is it an Ipod, or Standard MP3 using the mini earphone jack ? Details, we need details. Please ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mp3 player

Sorry...it is a 2008 odyssey. I am assuming it is just the standard mp3 jack.....it is what came w/ the vehicle. I just use the earphone jack that plugs one end into the ipod and the other end into the jack. Does this help at all?
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
So it's the 3.5mm headphone female jack next to the 12V jack. If you can't get it out by tapping on it, then you might want to go to your parts department at your local dealer, and they can order one for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same problem in my 2008 Odyssey. How did you finally resolve it? If you didn't, how did you remove the auxiliary port you lost the tip of your jack in? I'm afraid of forcing it out of the console. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're going to the dealer...

If you we're already resigned to replacing the entire jack, then there is no reason not to try this.

get a small stick/toothpick smaller than the jack opening. Put some instant set CA or super glue on the end carefully touch it to the broken off tip without touching the sides of the jack. Wait till it sets and pull out the broken piece. If you end up gluing the stick in the jack, proceed to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts