Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own 2005 EX-L w/ RES...and it didn't come equipped with MP3 player. What is the best, cheapest and easiest way to connect an USB or some kind of connector to plug in my ipod or other portable MP3 players to play music? It is very frustrating to use a FM transmitter that don't work too well.

If there are several options, please list them all. And if you can, please let me know how I can install it on my own. If I have to take it to a shop and spend $$$$, I'll probably just continue to use my fm transmitter..

UPDATE:

I read something about connecting my MP3 player through an AUX plug available next to the 3rd row seat using a long cable.....

First of all, where is this AUX plug? How can I find this plug?
I just looked back there and I didn't see anything. Can someone please tell me how this works?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Folks on here have installed the Blitzsafe adaptors, which come in different versions: AUX, iPod input, iPod control from radio/steering wheel, etc. EDIT: Darn it, looks like they don't have a Level1 for Honda... :-/

They have an ebay store, http://stores.ebay.com/Integration-Solutions/WHAT-IS-THE-BEST-iPOD-ADAPTER.html.

Disclaimer: I don't have a relationship with them, just plan on getting a level 2 adaptor for our 07 EX-L.

Nicolas

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2005 AUX Plug...

Where is the AUX plug in 2005? I heard that it is somewhere by the 3rd row seat, but I don't see it....

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's not in all vans. I believe it only exists in the ones with the DVD rear seat entertainment package.

But in those vans which have one, it's located beside the third row seats, on the driver's side, in the little covered storage compartment with a flip-up lid. There are three RCA input jacks, red and white for left and right audio, plus yellow for video.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
There is a picture of it in the big book in the glove compartment.

Also, please post Audio/video related stuff in the audio forum and not in the 05+ forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have my iPod connected to the 3rd row seat AUX input. I'm getting a high-pitched whine coming through the speakers. It's something to do with the engine as the sound frequency rises and lowers as the engine RPM's go up and down. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions for a solution? Thanks.

2005 EXL-RES

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
jena_blondie said:
I read something about connecting my MP3 player through an AUX plug available next to the 3rd row seat using a long cable.....

First of all, where is this AUX plug? How can I find this plug?
I just looked back there and I didn't see anything. Can someone please tell me how this works?
If you do have an aux port all you would need is a cable like this one
You connect it to your mp3 earphone jack and the other end to the aux port. Select AUX on your radio and what is playing on your player, gets outputted through your speakers. You would control everything from the player itself so yes, you would need a long cable if the port is in the 3rd row

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts