Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any recommandations for mp3 players. I'm looking at the TraxData mSation offering but has anyone got any recommendations/product reviews?

·
Registered
585 Posts
What's the easiest way to enjoy MP3 music without replacing the OEM head unit if you have a NAVI? I can't use my cassette adapter (since I can't fit a cassette player into the dash) for a portable unit and I don't really want to go the 'FM modulator' route... Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
What's the easiest way to enjoy MP3 music without replacing the OEM head unit if you have a NAVI? I can't use my cassette adapter (since I can't fit a cassette player into the dash) for a portable unit and I don't really want to go the 'FM modulator' route... Has anyone else done this?</font>
I think you've pretty much eliminated all of your options with what you don't really want to do.

------------------
'01 DEP EX in Fairview Park, Ohio
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the FM modulator route is the only way to go. The mStation uses a T-piece for the aerial socket i.e. the FM signal goes straight into the head unit. The mStation is quite an impressive bit of kit it claims it holds up to 3000 songs (about 200 CDs)

Kevin

·
Registered
585 Posts
Interesting...better go do some research on the mstation.

I'd love it if the PS2 would play ISO-MP3 disks...might have to check into that one too. That would cinch the issue of purchasing a good FM modulator like the Clarion one at Crutchfield.

------------------
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Kenwood KDC-MP8017 works great in my 2001 Odyssey. After some massaging of the mounting it fits perfectly and allows you to retain the cubby hole. No skipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the "tap into your Navi inputs" hack and just plug in my Apple iPod (one of the most wonderful products ever designed, BTW).

There are only two disadvantages:
1) Front speakers only.
2) You have to be a Macintosh user. (Oh, wait, did I say disadvantage...
).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use a 6 gig ARCHOS (ARCHOS.COM) and a portable CD player cassette adapter. Great way to hold between 150 and 500 CD's!

------------------
1996 Odyssey 120,000 miles
2002EX Odyssey w/towing package
http://www.homestead.com/weaverhouse/index.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts