Honda Odyssey Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Re: Grill installed and looks sweet!

I ordered it earlier this week and I received it on Friday. Thanks!

akaBobbys2k said:
I have the grill installed now and it looks sweet.

I'll be putting together a DIY on how I did it and i'll
be adding pictures as well. (I'll do this tonight)
Thanks! Your pictures look great. I also have a SBP, so now I know how it would lokok on my van.

Looking forward to your DIY instructions. Please make sure to include any 'gotchas' you have ncountered. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Neil P said:
It's been 8 days since I sent payment. Has anybody else taken so long (besides Oleo)?
Give Ted a call. He's a nice guy and will track it down. Don't email though. He seems to ignore email.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Neil P,

Do call. He isn't very good with e-mail. If he is out, anyone there should beable to help.

·
Registered
792 Posts
received mine today - it looks great. Guess I won't be the last one to get theirs after all... ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
has everyone received their grille by now, including those who had theirs mis-routed by UPS? thanks again oleo1975 for getting us all organized on this.

·
Registered
827 Posts
recieved mine this past Thursday and now Im too chicken to put it on, dont want to scratch the bumper and knowing me I will. Damm it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
audreym said:
recieved mine this past Thursday and now Im too chicken to put it on, dont want to scratch the bumper and knowing me I will. Damm it!
Or let a rock "scratch" your radiator.

You know you want it on... Maybe this picture will convince you. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since we just purchased our Ody a couple of weeks ago, we missed out on the group deal for Mr. Grille.

For those of you who installed, did you need to take the bumper off? Does the Mr. Grille scratch the bumper finish and/or the edges of the opening?

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
It sounds like it just mounts to the front of the existing grill, correct?

Can someone post closeup pics of the grill with the nylon ties?

Also, if you've had to cut the grill for the front plate, can you provide measurements for where the cuts were made?

·
Registered
792 Posts
thanghoang said:
It sounds like it just mounts to the front of the existing grill, correct? Can someone post closeup pics of the grill with the nylon ties? Also, if you've had to cut the grill for the front plate, can you provide measurements for where the cuts were made?
see this install thread by akaBobbys2k, it may answer your questions...akaBobbys2k MrGrille install thread

·
Registered
792 Posts
Funwith4kids said:
For those of you who installed, did you need to take the bumper off? Does the Mr. Grille scratch the bumper finish and/or the edges of the opening? Thanks!
The Mr. Grille is a hard aluminum pretty much just nylon tied to the existing grille. It's going to 'rub' some. But your alternative, as the post directly above yours states, is a rock in your radiator... it's happened to many already. I'll take the minor rubbing over that any day. Plus it's down low, and with all the abuse the front end of a car takes anyway, it's not noticeable to me...

See this thread for follow up by some users with Mr. Grille installed for extended time...

Mr. Grille after a year?....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Funwith4kids said:
For those of you who installed, did you need to take the bumper off? Does the Mr. Grille scratch the bumper finish and/or the edges of the opening?

Thanks!
Some folks did take the front bumber off. I, however, only took off the main grill section and it gave me plenty of room to get my arms down in there to tie the straps nice and tight.

The grille does rub a little, but as Reinhold said, I will take the little bit of rubbing for the protection that get.

Dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
DanHo said:
.....I, however, only took off the main grill section and it gave me plenty of room to get my arms down in there to tie the straps nice and tight.

Dan

Dan,

A few questions:

What is involved in removing the main grill section (bolts, screws, adhesives)?

Approximately how long did it take to remove the main grill section, install Mr. Grille and re-install the main grill section?

When you re-installed the main grill section, does it fit as well as before you removed it? (i.e. sometimes things never fit the same after removing it).

Any suggestions/cautions you can think of should I use your method?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
To remove the front grill, all you need to do is to remove 10 or so "push-pins". To remove these, just use a flat screw driver and slide this into the slot and pry up. Once these are started, use your fingers to pull the center pin out, then take the base out. There are three behind the grill as well. Once this is out, you will still have to get your hands inside to pull the tie strips tight. To remove the grill it takes at most 10 minutes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ooops, sorry I missed the question, daa28893. As chan_man said, it only takes about 10 minutes to remove. It took me about a half hour to do the whole thing. You might want to take a look at some intructions where the grill is removed to see what pins need to be taken out.

Use step 3 in this guide to show you which ones to remove. And then find the ones that are still holding the main grill in place.
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2006_Odyssey_FogLights_AII30571.pdf

101 - 120 of 127 Posts