Honda Odyssey Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mr. Grille driving light area inserts?

EDIT: no replies yet (you all out there?) but I went ahead and sent off a note to Ted Vanzant at Mr. Grille today. I'll post an update when he replies... 11/22/06
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all!

I'm reviving this to ask if.... anyone else has considered filling in the spaces where the driving/fog lights go (for those that don't have the touring, and haven't already 'upgraded' and installed the fog light kit, that is) ?

This would be an addition just for looks, of course, unless anyone is worried about road debris/rocks damaging the plastic there where we have no lights. :D It would just take a couple small holes drilled throught the plastic and zip tie them on just like the main grille. Of course I'd want them to look good and like natural extensions of the main grille, with the lines parallel, etc.

I've wondered this ever since we first did this group buy and when I saw this post by Jerry O early this year, but have never got around to doing anything about it. Now I wonder if enough of us ask Ted at Mr. Grille if they'd make inserts that would fill those 2 spaces. I'd even considered making my own (Mr. Grille sells the billet material in 1 foot increments x 2.6" tall for - $5.99 per foot, including shipping to the contiguous 48 states, shipping extra elsewhere) but I figured to avoid the hassle of just making 1 set for myself it might be worth a little extra cost if we got enough people interested... Of course there's no guarantee they'd say yes, either, but I think it's worth a shot. Stands to reason to me that it would be good as a "combo option" for them to sell anyway as a regular item on their website.

(On the side, there's an outfit called cloud rider in Canada that makes complete grille sets that include the bottom grille and fog light inserts as well as the top grille opening by the 'H') - reference thanks to Nathaluc in this thread. For me, I'm just interested in covering the fog light areas.

Anyway, anyone else interested in another group inquiry to see if Mr. Grille will do this for us for a reasonable cost?

·
Registered
643 Posts
is this still available?

·
Registered
792 Posts
epi79 said:
is this still available?
what do you mean by "this"? by "this" do you mean my post about the fog light inserts, or by "this" do you mean the group buy in general?

I haven't heard from anyone else about wanting the inserts yet, and am still waiting to hear from the people at Mr. Grille... if you mean the group buy, that was months ago, unless you want to organize a new one. Or just buy one from Mr. Grille directly off their website, or for less on one of their eBay auctions - just hope he has one made up ready to ship (sometimes he auctions them but doesn't actually have the stated quantity on hand and you have to wait awhile - only way to know for sure is to ask them directly)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Okay... I FINALLY got a response back from Mr. Grille yesterday. They say they are planning to make the inserts for the fog light areas, but not until later on, maybe in January, maybe... but no mention yet of what the cost might be (either purchased as a set with the regular grille, or purchased separately by themselves) or the quantity we would need for any type of discount... hope to know more later on. Still no one else interested in getting these made up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mr Grille...

Hi All,

Just bought the Grille. Read the instructions, looked easy enough - looked at the vehicle, obviously I'm going to have to pull some things off the car first.

Can anyone tell me the easiest route . Removing the skirt at the bottom or the one ontop of the radiator. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

Rene

2006 Red Rock Touring

·
Registered
125 Posts
Neil P said:
Yes, I have mine. Now, I need a new Odyssey. ;)
Wow, that post is two years old now. I finally got my new Odyssey 14 months ago and got the grill installed about two months ago when my mechanic came to change my oil. The grill sat in its box in my house for two years.

I had my old Odyssey with the same basic a/c condenser coil location for ten years without any problems, but I think the grill is worth the price for cosmetic value alone. The extra protection is a bonus. The car looks more finished now.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts