Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are in the Jackson area. We have been shopping for a 2008 EX-L for the last couple of weeks. Just not sure if there are better deals coming...and we drove the 2009 Pilot last weekend and we loved it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are from Meridian.

We purchased an 08 EX-L about 2 weeks ago from the local dealer, Rick Justice Honda. I did shop around and the best deal I found was from Paul Moak Honda in Jackson. The only reason we didn't buy there was b/c we negotiated with the dealership here to almost match the Paul Moak deal. It wasn't a big enough difference for us to drive to Jackson. Get some internet quotes from the dealers in the Jackson area and go from there. They are pretty aggressive with the deals on the 08 Ody's since the 09's will be out by the end of the month, and most dealers still have quite a few 08's. They have about 8 left in stock here in Meridian, all EX-L.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
sherfield2002 said:
My local dealer doesn't have 75 new Honda's total on the lot
Well with the millions here, there are probably 20 dealers within a 15 mile radius....and they all have plenty of Ody's sitting around looking for new homes.

Buying a 08' is only going to get cheaper .... especially with the 09's coming in.

;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There probably aren't 75 2008 Ody's in the whole state of MS :)

Yeah we probably could have gotten a little better deal if we would have waited, but we got a deal that we happy with so we made the purchase.

We only have one child but it's soooo much easier with the Ody than our Camry was.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
sherfield2002 said:
There probably aren't 75 2008 Ody's in the whole state of MS :)

Yeah we probably could have gotten a little better deal if we would have waited, but we got a deal that we happy with so we made the purchase.

We only have one child but it's soooo much easier with the Ody than our Camry was.
Enjoy the new ride! Your youngum' is going to love it!!!

:) :) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well it sounds like everyone is passionate about their Odysseys! LOL! I am glad everyone loves them so much. I think we will probably hold out until closer to the end of the month but I am pretty sure that we will end up with the Odyssey in our drive way!

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
MSPrincess said:
Well it sounds like everyone is passionate about their Odysseys! LOL! I am glad everyone loves them so much. I think we will probably hold out until closer to the end of the month but I am pretty sure that we will end up with the Odyssey in our drive way!
Good timing on your part. And verify inventory with the prospective dealer, have your financing if needed ready, and go late before they close.

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I kind of highjacked this thread but we got our 2008 Odyssey EX-L today. We went with the Baltic Blue Pearl which we had never even considered until we saw it today. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Originally posted by MSPrincess

I kind of highjacked this thread but we got our 2008 Odyssey EX-L today. We went with the Baltic Blue Pearl which we had never even considered until we saw it today. Thanks to all!

Congrats on getting your ody. Do post your numbers in the prices paid for 2008 if you like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We ended up buying from Bob Boyte Honda in Brandon. They were awesome to work with with absolutely zero pressure.

We never got to talk to Paul Moak simply because we got there one evening when they were closing and they told us they were locking the gates and that we would need to make an appointment to come back. We were shocked! My husband travels a lot for work and I just started nursing school and we have a one year old. We are lucky to all be in the same place at the same time!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts