Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone paid MSRP plus tax and title ONLY for an 02 Ody in Florida? No dealer mark-up, or extra charges of any kind. If so, where and when?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, picked up early October after ordering (really just reserving) in August. Low no haggle price, just pay full sticker!! hahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I just called Autoway and the have a $399 delivery charge (not the $440 destination charge) that they add to full MSRP. They say it is a standard charge in the area. It is pure profit for the dealer. Honda pays them to clean the car and fill out the paper work. The $399 pays them AGAIN!

·
Registered
29 Posts
MSRP + Tax, Tags and Title at Holler Honda in Orlando. Speak to Ron Johnson. He is the Internet Sales Manage.

------------------
Frank
2002 MB EXL-RES

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I got charged the $399. Same excuse about the law requiring everybody be charged the same. The deal was still $1400 less than the next best deal in Tampa Bay at the time I ordered (pre 9-11). When I ordered they could not give me a price on our trade because it was too far off. I tried to negotiate for at least the same amount CarMax would give us and they wouldn't even match the written offer from them! So we sold the car to CarMax down the street and *really* let them have it on the Honda and dealer surveys! Having to go through that extra step pissed me off so much more than the $399 fee... Wonderful minivan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up my 2002 EGP LX from Wade Raulerson in Gainesville, FL. THere were no added fees, no Delivery fee, etc. I paid about $26000 after tax, tag, and title. They even went up on my trade in value 15% after I haggled for a little while.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have worked out a deal where I have been offered $21,500 for my 2001 LX (10,100 miles)
and am getting a 2002 LX for $24,490, which is MSRP - $200. No additional fees, just tax.

Of course, you never know until it's all down on paper. I'm still thinking about whether or not I should go through with it...

------------------
Nelson
2001 Odyssey LX - Silver
2001 Civic EX Sedan - Silver
1990 Mustang LX Coupe - Titanium

·
Registered
17 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SoFlaOdyssey:
I have worked out a deal where I have been offered $21,500 for my 2001 LX (10,100 miles)
and am getting a 2002 LX for $24,490, which is MSRP - $200. No additional fees, just tax.

Of course, you never know until it's all down on paper. I'm still thinking about whether or not I should go through with it...
</font>
Go for the 02. The engine and transmition are worth the difference.

------------------
2002 Ody SS EX, Splash Guards, WeatherTech mats, Cargo Tray, Plug-n-Go Console,Under coating, Paint treatment, Upholstery treatment, VentShades on order.

·
Registered
129 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nwaody:
Actually I just called Autoway and the have a $399 delivery charge (not the $440 destination charge) that they add to full MSRP. They say it is a standard charge in the area. It is pure profit for the dealer. Honda pays them to clean the car and fill out the paper work. The $399 pays them AGAIN!</font>
You *MIGHT* be able to work around this. When I bought my 2001 Civic EX, I negotiated a price of $16,500 + tax/tag.

Imagine my horror, when the nice Internet Sales Manager took out the sales contract and it had the $350 "dealer prep" charge preprinted on it. She told me, "We can't take this off...."

I was about to walk out, but decided to hear the rest of her sentence.

"...so I'll just subtract this from the price I quoted you..."

Sooooo....

The contract looks like this:

2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan: $16,150
Dealer prep (or something): 350
------------------------------------
$16,500

Maybe you can talk the dealer into subtracting the $399 from MSRP and
then charging you the $399 delivery fee?

Good luck!

------------------
Nelson
2001 Odyssey LX - Silver
2001 Civic EX Sedan - Silver
1990 Mustang LX Coupe - Titanium

1 - 10 of 10 Posts