Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all I would like to thank all the members here for sharing their thoughts especially the seniors for all their tips and advice and most of all to the creators of this website. On the first place I was dreaming to have a MUGEN car such as the new Civc. Before we were five, and now I have a ten month old and we became six. It's a good thing I bought this Ody during those years. And after four years of saving and collecting all my parts, I decided to Mugenized it on a different level. this is what I end up to....

Before: 2004

After: Present

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Don't worry. No more kids for now. Actually this is just a daily commute to work. My kids are only allowed to ride during the weekend and on special trips, and I make sure that their pockets are empty from any snacks or candies. But sometimes they still managed to sneak some. No food allowed.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I bought my body kit thru Wings West directly and that was like 3 years ago, and I wasn't even sure if it will fit. During those times when I've check on their website, the applicable models for this kit is for years 99-02. I got an 04' and I just took a gamble buying this kit. However there was another problem. The authorized body shop of my dealer refused to install them, because they say it is an aftermarket. (Like what they always say) Luckily I found one body shop near my place who did it for me.

I have check the Wings West website the other night and..... Good news for everyone for 2nd gen owners. They have updated their applications for this body kit for the Ody. So now the kit is available from models 99 thru 2004. They also have a list of authorized dealers on their website

For the grille and eyelids, it was made by Erebuni. Apparently, mine was one of the remaining few when I purchased it long time ago. I tried contacting them to get an inquiry for the said part and they said that they no longer make them. For those who want one, keep your fingers crossed. I will visit some fiberglass shop near my area here and check if they can make one.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Damn, very nice. :) The place that color matched your pieces did a good job. Matches nicely. All you need left to do is remove the top rails and install the LX drip rails instead. ;)

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
A very nice look!

Jerry O.

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
The EX rubber rails are cut at each point the rails attach. It has been popular around here for LX owners to trade their uncut moldings for the rails.

·
Registered
365 Posts
jocat said:
Thank you fellas. So far me and my wife just finished debating whether we can remove the roof rails or not. I showed her some pics of the other members here without the rails and finally she approved. Besides, I removed the crossbars already and aside from that we never put any extra luggage on top whenever we go for a long trips. Anyway, this will be my next project. EX-R did you removed yours by yourself, and lastly what are the LX drip rails? Are those the straight black mouldings?
Hey jocat, yes the LX drip rails are the long black moldings that run along the whole roof. The Ex ones are cut due to the mounting points of the side rails. And no I did not replace them myself. I work at a honda dealer, and had the technician replace them for me. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
looks awesome jocat.

did you drop your van?
the grill and the clear corners look great.
i agree w/ everyone that you should put the drip rails.....will make that rear wing look cleaner.

love the front end.

i'm also in the valley w/ the same year/color ody and i'm on 19's. we should get some pics together

·
Registered
643 Posts
look nice:D however where is the real mugen parts :stupid:

no worries, I had mugen sticker and mugen reservoir brake cover when i had my accord. ;)
nice you should lower more.
the front lip not aggresive enough for me. try wald or something else. Japan made those kit for second gen ody.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sorry for my late reply, we were out of town.

wespiatt said:
Very nice ride, what springs are you running or are those stock?
I lowered it at least a little should I say, and yes I'm running on the H&R's as of now. The ride is firm and cornering is somewhat better than stock and not that much of a lean. I never had a chance to take pics before and during the install. I only have the pics of the stock springs. Try to search H&R on the accesory forums, and I'm positive that there were some pics that I saw before. This is why I got these springs.

Got it from Tire Rack (except for the muffler)

Stock springs (Rear/Front)

As far for the drip rails, I already placed an order. The dealer is charging me $40 each for the install. I'll just rather install these myself and follow egads advice.:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
For the Mugen parts, there ain't any. The only Mugen items that I have are just pure cosmetics such as: Mugen bolts, oil cap, radiator cap, gas cap, brake reservoir, license plate frame, pedals, template, emblems and lastly the stickers.:) I was about to get the shift knob too but it feels somewhat slim that's why I ended up getting a Sparco instead. :stupid:

;)

For the real parts, I was looking for a mugen intake, and yet I could not find any for a J35A engine. I was close to get a mugen muffler too however I was told that it will not fit because of it's big diameter. Otherwise I have to hammer the sheetmetal storage compartment underneath the floor where the third row drops in. I was also hoping for the mugen brake set but it's too pricey and I don't think they will fit. Same thing with the Wald body kit. Years back as far as I remember they do cost like a fortune. You can get an entire kit from Wings West by just paying for the freight. However, they look nice. I haven't installed some of these cosmetics yet because I'm waiting for another part on the engine. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
jocat what did you do inside of the van is it stock or did you do it up. What size rims and tires are you running yours is one of the cleanest 2nd gens I ever seen great job ;)

1 - 20 of 120 Posts