Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just noticed today the multi-information display stopped working (no lights, nothing). Plus, I can no longer open the power tailgate, even when all doors are unlocked. I am able to manually open it from within (from that little compartment) and closing it automatically (motor is fine). Could this be fuse, if yes, where can I find the fuse for MID and power tailgate? many thanks.

2005 touring.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Pages 375 - 380 in the owner's manual perhaps?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a 2005 manual but found a 2009 one. I was able to locate the one for power tailgate (there were 2, but at least I found something). I can't find any fuse referring to the multi-Information display...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked my car and everything is fine now, so i guess it's not the fuse, most likely a short some where. Anyone know how much it will cost to get it fixed? I dont need a exact number, just something in the range of 100, 200, 1000 etc...

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
The manuals are in a sticky up top.

I doubt its a short. It sounds more like a lose connection. I would check all connectors at the fuse boxes. Its either a lose connection or moisture. While you are at it, check the battery terminals too. Make sure they're not lose and are not rusted over.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Intermittent electrical problems are the worst-I've seen the strangest things...
As per dvpatel, a solid short not likely. It's quite possible to 'fix' problems by doing nothing more than removing/reinserting same fuse. But, don't be surprised if your problem returns.
Dvpatel's battery cleaning suggestion isn't off the mark either; Corrosion can reduce system voltage. When you lower the voltage, the current goes up. Current equals heat. Heat takes-out fuses, ckt bkrs, and other electrical components.
Also note, some of the heavy power (demanding) circuits are protected by a type of circuit breaker. If they trip, they usually reset after a period of time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you both. I think dvpatel is right about the moisture. My van was in an accident few days ago and it made the "gap" between the fender and the hood a bit wider on the passenger side. It was raining pretty hard lately and I didn't cover that gap, so that may be the cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts