Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my EX-L for three years now, and I'm one of those guys that has babied this van from bumper to bumper every quarter.

I wash and wax regularly and I also condition the leather about three times a year.

After taking a ride in my friends 2005 Acura TL I realized that the leather quality in my 2008 EX-L is no wear as nice as the Acura TL's.

Now I do understand it is a more expensive and luxurious vehicle compared to mine, but after examining the leather in my van close, reading about some of the horror stories about cheap leather in all of Honda's cars, I'm concerned the bubbling and pealing is going to happen to me.

Can anyone recommend a really good leather conditioner that will help keep the life of the leather around the 15-20 year mark that I plan to keep the vehicle?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
imgreenlantern2 said:
So I've had my EX-L for three years now, and I'm one of those guys that has babied this van from bumper to bumper every quarter.

I wash and wax regularly and I also condition the leather about three times a year.

After taking a ride in my friends 2005 Acura TL I realized that the leather quality in my 2008 EX-L is no wear as nice as the Acura TL's.

Now I do understand it is a more expensive and luxurious vehicle compared to mine, but after examining the leather in my van close, reading about some of the horror stories about cheap leather in all of Honda's cars, I'm concerned the bubbling and pealing is going to happen to me.

Can anyone recommend a really good leather conditioner that will help keep the life of the leather around the 15-20 year mark that I plan to keep the vehicle?

Thanks.
I recommend Lexol. First, clean the leather using the LEXOL-pH Cleaner and then second, condition using the LEXOL Conditioner

http://www.lexol.com/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Agreed - I've used Lexol for years and love it. Excellent stuff.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Its been discussed elsewhere: The leather in our Odysseys (we have a 2007 EX-L) is coated, which makes it resistant to liquids but also makes it feel like, well, vinyl. Leather care products may not work well on it, as they can't get to the actual leather. And I won't even talk about the 3rd row seats and the bits of the other seats that are not leather at all.

We bought some Honda leather and vinyl cleaning and care products from Bernardi last summer and we're trying them out.

Nicolas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts