Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You're welcome, I'm trying to update the 1st post....(can't find the edit button)
I brought most Parts online, due to saving cost $$ , driving around, no-tax & free shippings, and only had time to play with Odyssey on Part-weekend.
What parts u plan to get?

nomorenow,

Thanks for your list, I have purchased 2012 LX and looking to buy these parts, can you tell me from where you have purchased these parts store/website?

I am looking at handa.com, if I can get better price it is good.
Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kenwood KOS-A300 Factory Radio Upgrade System

IMG_1234.jpg Got this Crutchfield $49, was $269.... IMG_1238.jpg Removing parts..... IMG_1239.jpg Removed heater controls.... IMG_1244.jpg Showing the actual size, bigger than I thought (skipped, had to find good location for it)....... IMG_1245.jpg Mean while, I drilled-thru the pen holder above the Stereo deck..... IMG_1247.jpg Tapping on to the factory harness...... IMG_1249.jpg Starting putting back together to test it out....... IMG_1251.jpg Hmm....found a good place for Kenwood unit, front Passenger-side behind glove box.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Kenwood KOS-A300 Factory Radio Upgrade System Part 2

IMG_1253.jpg Connected, all works!!!.... IMG_1256.jpg Mounted & strapped down..... IMG_1258.jpg Put back Heater control.... IMG_1259.jpg Drilled-thru and used Valcro Fasteners to 8GB USB drive $8 bucks, rather than an iPod if get stolen $$$$. IMG_1261.jpg All put back together, and ready to rock!!!... IMG_1262.jpg Showing the song info's.....
IMG_1263.jpg And comes Mulit-Colors (Colors can be sync OR no with Knob control colors. Up to the user).....

IMG_1267.jpg Final, matching with OEM display above, while the Knob controller constant slowly changing colors.....

Total install time: about 3hrs

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks~!!....extra money sound good.
Like I said, this is my 1st new car.....I was never an Installer (bit a learner), I just like take things apart as a hobby.
My co-workers call me crazy already for taken aparts......LOL!

YOU'RE THE MAN!!!! :)

you can make money in doing this install!! :0 just saying..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am looking for OEM exterior fittings and looking for a GPS with backup monitor. non OEM products for interior (they can be replaced after using for a while).

Can you tell me which LED lights you have used for interior lighting?

Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am looking for OEM exterior fittings and looking for a GPS with backup monitor. non OEM products for interior (they can be replaced after using for a while).

Can you tell me which LED lights you have used for interior lighting?

Thanks
For the OEM fittings:
Splash guard, Body molding are coming from Ebay, since they lowest prices I can find.
The LED's:
The front Map light & trunk they are 31mm Festoon 5050 SMD w/ 12 leds, you need three (3)
The interior & doors use 194, 168, 501, T10, (<<<---all the same, just different #'s) 5050 SMD w/4 Led's, Don't get the 5-leds(too long).

About the GPS & Backup Camera & monitor......sneak preview of coming up projects. Item's just arrived.....
IMG_1270.jpg $155.Ebay All-In-One.....7" mirror & 5" monitor w/ GPS, AV-In(backup cam), Bluetooth, HD DVR, FM transmitter, WINCE 6.0
You can also can get without the DRV & smaller 4inch screen about $105.
IMG_1271.jpg Real life size, pretty long.....
IMG_1298.jpg those two will be working together wireless (module not shown)......1/3" Sony CCD backup camera w/reference line $30 Ebay
IMG_1274.jpg Here the menu....Windows CE 6.0
IMG_1276.jpg It comes with preinstalled iGO 8 GPS.....
IMG_1295.jpg Preview from inside the van......the DVR auto-record when engine on....also can do both GPS & DVR same time (tested)
IMG_1301.jpg coming project "Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0" awaiting for a good weather to do it. $60 Ebay
IMG_1302.jpg coming project " Pre-cut Clear bra - full set" will applies after Opti-Coat 2.0 $60 Ebay
IMG_1299.jpg coming project " 15mm Chrome trim strip" after Opit-Coat 2.0, this for door-handles, wheel base fenders. $15 Ebay for 26ft (8m)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I am thinking to buy weathertech floor liner for 1st row and mats for 2 & 3. Is this a good move?

I have read on this forum, if we add liner for 2 & 3rd rows, it is hard to get into the boxes down there. Is it true?

Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The Weathertech are great too!, But I went with OEM because it comes with all three rows.
The spare tire are in the 2nd row (Honda called "lazy susan" hidden box"). Yes, I have to remove the rubber mat if I need to use the spare tire.

About the GPS, is china brand "Lson" but is not label and is china Patented behide the GPS unit.

Hi,

I am thinking to buy weathertech floor liner for 1st row and mats for 2 & 3. Is this a good move?

I have read on this forum, if we add liner for 2 & 3rd rows, it is hard to get into the boxes down there. Is it true?

Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
Any upgraded rims yet?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
not yet, I did look into it (tirerack.com).....it wouldn't be cheap $$$~!. So the rims will be my last to-do list for now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Thanks McGinn~!!, I would said 65% is for looks & 35% from the inside. These Led's only produce a dim light in front without the headlight on.
I have read other fourms (ex:lexus,bmw) that you can get a driving ticket with foglight being On. These LED's are 5-watts vs 50-watts (oem, or high powered LED's) When I have mine HID turn-on @ night. The HID over powers the foglight (DRL) so less risk for getting pull-over for it.

nice work, do those foglights make a difference from inside, or more for the looks?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Multi-GPS-Backup monitor Rearview Mirror

This week I finally install all three units (GPS Mirror, Sony Backup cam, & the 2.4ghz Transmitters) working together......
IMG_1272.jpg GPS DVR Mirror arrived..
IMG_1274.jpg The unit use Windows CE 6.0 to run the GPS software.
IMG_1295.jpg The unit doesn't look big once mounted cuz the huge windows of the Odyssey.
IMG_1298.jpg Here the pair unit.
IMG_1312.jpg Upclose of the SONY CCD backcamera with Guidelines (Green, Yellow , Red Lines).
IMG_1314.jpg Here unscrewing the backup camera.....
IMG_1318.jpg This camera was design to fit 2005 to 2010 Odyssey (see part 2)
IMG_1350.jpg The 2.4ghz wireless transmitter arrived one week later
IMG_1351.jpg This is simple unit to easy install.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Part 2 - Multi-GPS-Backup monitor Rearview Mirror

IMG_1360.jpg 1st removed 4 screws from overhead console.
IMG_1361.jpg The last two screws is behind the LED bulbs.
IMG_1363.jpg Inserted the 2.4ghz Receiver unit as shown.
IMG_1367.jpg There already a hole in front of the console, push thru the USB (power) & 2.5mm (video feed) then we're done!!

IMG_1369.jpg This how is look like with the Tail Chrome piece removed.
IMG_1373.jpg Pre-testing , ensure the backup camera are not defective.
IMG_1461.jpg Use some hot glue to secure in place.
IMG_1462.jpg as you can see , Why I removed four tiny screws. they didn't align together. (for '05 to '10 Odyssey)
IMG_1464.jpg A look from the inside, a snap into place!!a
IMG_1466.jpg Here the 2.4ghz Transmitter secure in place. The we all done~!!! let do some backup testing.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Part 3 - Multi-GPS-Backup monitor Rearview Mirror

IMG_1463.jpg Overhead view....I made it fit to '12 Odyssey.
IMG_1372.jpg Here snapping back together. Three screws holding it inside.
IMG_1460.jpg Side-view installed.
IMG_1459.jpg Upclose, with LED light ON...
IMG_1382.jpg Here showing DON'T pass the Yellow lines in the GPS Mirror (auto switch in when Reverse, about 2 sec. delay)
IMG_1383.jpg Real scale
IMG_1384.jpg upclose real scale, less than 2 inch apart from another car.

Total install time: less than 2hrs
Level: Easy to Medium

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Applying Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

Applying Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Clear Coating.......

IMG_1301.jpg Package arrived simple three items.
IMG_1319.jpg Brought a clay kit just ensure the paint free of bugs , micro rocks, oil, ect. Since the van was sit about 18 days in dealer lot.
IMG_1320.jpg tear a piece from the 160g clay and form a round piece.
IMG_1322.jpg Pre-wash & cleaned.

IMG_1329.jpg Started the top then lower side.....
IMG_1331.jpg as you can see, there something in the paint, but naked eyes can't see......
IMG_1332.jpg All-done with clay, it was pretty dirty......then moved the van in the garage (less wind)
IMG_1326.jpg Now getting ready for Opti-Coat 2.0.......see Part 2

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Part 2 - Applying Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

IMG_1333.jpg Did front bumper first.
IMG_1334.jpg side-view of Opti-Coat
IMG_1335.jpg Before.....
IMG_1336.jpg After Opti-Coat
IMG_1340.jpg Before.....
IMG_1344.jpg After......

IMG_1342.jpg Before.....
IMG_1348.jpg After......

Total time just the front: 1-1/2 hrs, maybe whole van will be 3 to 4hrs.
Level: Medium

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
will resume applying Opti-Coat 2.0 to the whole van later this week..........

21 - 40 of 542 Posts