Honda Odyssey Forum banner

441 - 460 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome thread nomorenow!...I have a question in regards to putting a center speaker since you have service manual, is there a pre-wired speaker cable for Touring models, if I have to run speaker cable, how do you pull out the dash? Wife kinda hesitant about pulling any panels off. I want to put rear speakers too as my kids were complaining they couldn't hear anything in the back. Are you still selling those LED 3way PCB kits? Thanks and thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nomorenow, how are you? does your prius come with LED DRLs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nomorenow..

Which are some of your favorite online sites you purchased from?

My list of accessories won't come close to yours, but looking at a few things..

TIA!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Hi Nomorenow..

Which are some of your favorite online sites you purchased from?

My list of accessories won't come close to yours, but looking at a few things..

TIA!
Here is the few I always shop around with......Amazom.com , iJDMtoy.com , Aliexpress.com , and Ebay.
I'm aware my taste of accessories is not for everyone liking, but if you found something you liked, go for it. Yeah~!!....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
1st, I wanted to "sorry" to members posted list below, and thanks to mindoro, snowflake & JaKK, I got alerted by their post/PMs. I still getting missed alerts, maybe is Hotmail.com account or something.

I've been busy with work since Elected as a like "Union-Rep" (Only Rep) in Non-Union company for 110 employees for my dept.
And heavy Summer flight loads.
And then came along with my new Hybrid Prius, and finally got all 50-mods done as last weekend, glad is over...yeah!

Just went through the thread. OP you do some great work. kudos to you for the DIY. I'm not 100% on board with some of the stuff that you did. I'm sure you saved a lot of money adding some of the gadgets after the fact, but certain things I prefer paying a little more for the factory integrated look vs. aftermarket. IMO it's cleaner. To each their own.
Thanks HondaBox, If I have alot money , I don't mind getting everything OEM & Higher model than my LX.
If I can save money here & there, I'll buy it, if doesn't work out then is lesson learned.

Hi nomorenow, thank you for all the work. I'm trying to put in the led eagle light for the side mirror. How hard is it to run the wire from the passenger side to the harness under the break pedal.
Hi Vince, I wouldn't say is Easy or Hard, right in the middle skilled. If you can get a 15"in to 20" plastic zip strap (For door rubber loom) and a wire hanger (used for behind the Console) It will make your job a breeze.

Awesome thread nomorenow!...I have a question in regards to putting a center speaker since you have service manual, is there a pre-wired speaker cable for Touring models, if I have to run speaker cable, how do you pull out the dash? Wife kinda hesitant about pulling any panels off. I want to put rear speakers too as my kids were complaining they couldn't hear anything in the back. Are you still selling those LED 3way PCB kits? Thanks and thanks for all the info.
Thanks eloidyssey! I finished looking the Service Manual, Touring does not have the Amp for the Center Speaker output. The
Service Manual stated if you have AUDIO-NAVIGATION unit, is on the Connector-B (24/Pins) is Pin3-YEL(+) and Pin4-BLK(-)
is Output signals for/To Pre-Amp unit (Elite). Most likely is not Pre-wired to the Grill, just have to run your own wires.

How to remove the dash stereo?? Check this video below....
Sorry, I no longer make the 3way PBC LED reflectors, after sold 10units. If time was on my side then I don't mind.

Nomorenow, how are you? does your prius come with LED DRLs?
Hey cebu PI~! Just been busy with work & the Prius Mods, all done now!
Yes, My Prius does comes with DRL, and modded the DRL where the DRL stay On (dimmed @50%) with Headlight.
The defaults the DRL shut-off when headlight are ON. Prius DRL are pretty darn bright.

You also have a Prius too? hehehehe......

Anyone know some high quality LED strips I can put in my reflector, the original ones are half burned out? Please help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi cmh (Mr. RL) I did contacted the Seller (Michael) about the issues, he only offered 30 days warranty from all sales.
I'll shoot you & Mr. Bill (from AZ) an email. So far you two only had issues, I'll try my best to take care you're guys.

I guess not. I ordered oznium's Ultra flexible tri chip led chip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Since you have them now, is it installed yet? is it alot brighter?
I saw some new products on the Auto led market, is called COB leds. But they don't small enough to fit in our reflectors.

I'm researching/waiting for smaller version to fit into our rear reflectors.
I did brought a pair of the newest SMD5730 White led strips, suppose better than SMD5050.

The SMD5730 strips is for Prius Trunk project, since no seller have Red color yet in SMD5730, otherwise I can give it a try in the reflectors.

While I'm here, just do a quick updates on my all mods done on the Odyssey.

#1 I polished the shape of the LED Arrow on the side mirrors, now completed visible in Day time.

#2 I replaced all Spider Leds to 25watts CREE blubs, alot brighter and can be seen in Day light.

#3 The L-Shaped DRL led, some how water got in. Few leds is out, Will replace another DRL led bars. So shopping around.....

#4 I added a 8inch sub Rockford Fosgate & Two Rockford Fosgate PBR amps to power the speakers & the sub.

All other mods are still working as to date.......

Again thanks everyone patience~!!!!
Oh my is almost 4:30am, gtg ZzzzZZzzz....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nomorenow,
welcome back...thanks for the info...I did complete my led rear reflectors and my speaker upgrades (except for center speaker). I keep referring to your thread for info. I'm planning on putting on a led drl strip. Where are you tapping off your power from? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, it's on page 26 of this thread.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks, but I have my settings to 40 posts/page. I guess I can do the math, but what post # would that be? Thanks!

Yes, it's on page 26 of this thread.
edit: NVM, found it, page 10, post 379 for those who want to know.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Nomorenow,
welcome back...thanks for the info...I did complete my led rear reflectors and my speaker upgrades (except for center speaker). I keep referring to your thread for info. I'm planning on putting on a led drl strip. Where are you tapping off your power from? Thanks
Thanks, but I have my settings to 40 posts/page. I guess I can do the math, but what post # would that be? Thanks!

edit: NVM, found it, page 10, post 379 for those who want to know.
Glad you're guys found the page......

eliodyssey, great job making your own led rear reflectors & the speaker upgrades.
Since your head unit already contains the Center speaker wires, you can try tap it off from there, and you'll need new Center speaker grill ($10).

re: Led strips, I think best way is like how I added a DRL Auto-On relay switch on my Prius DRL. The DRL relay runs about $20'ish with Dimmed & Turn signals function (if wired) otherwise DRL relay(s) (From ebay) will work too.

The DRL relay is direct connect to 12v battery, The relay only comes On when detected 12v spikes. This mod is alot easier than my orig mod
on the Odyssey (had to run a 12v wire thru firewall then back out to L-Shaped leds).

Here is an video of the DRL relay with 25w CREE bulbs installed on my Prius.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Humanoid, sorry I thought it was the same to everyone...btw, is your HID pnp or retro?

nomorenow, thanks for the info...I thought about going that way with a relay because I didn't want to drill a hole. There seems to be abundance of them on eBay I'll get one tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm afraid it's only a PnP kit. Maybe I'll upgrade to the TE projectors in future, but these do just fine for now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
Humanoid, sorry I thought it was the same to everyone...btw, is your HID pnp or retro?

nomorenow, thanks for the info...I thought about going that way with a relay because I didn't want to drill a hole. There seems to be abundance of them on eBay I'll get one tonight. Thanks
Me too~!, more likely I'll do same DRL relay, since I'm replacing the L-Shape to something else.
Will shop around what out there now when get a chance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nomorenow, thanks, I got the relay and installed my led strip on my headlights. Looks cool...my daughters like them.

Humanoid, I was going towards a retro, but couldn't afford right now so I'll go with PnP, I got it from TRS. When I'm ready for retro I could always transfer the PnP to the other vehicle...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #458 (Edited)
Nomorenow, thanks, I got the relay and installed my led strip on my headlights. Looks cool...my daughters like them.

Humanoid, I was going towards a retro, but couldn't afford right now so I'll go with PnP, I got it from TRS. When I'm ready for retro I could always transfer the PnP to the other vehicle...
Good thinking~!! About the PnP later on to another car. Is nice to have the retro done on the Odyssey (if you extra have money to play),

I've also ordered mine DRL relay & a new set of DRL. So that will be next coming project.

btw: can you your mod picture, I did have led strip on my mod list, end-up skipping it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a snapshot at night w/just drl and led strip ON and snapshot with regular lights, fog lights, and led strip ON ELI_5658_2.jpg ELI_5653.jpg .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Here's a snapshot at night w/just drl and led strip ON and snapshot with regular lights, fog lights, and led strip ON.
Very nice and great job on it~!! :cheers:

I'm still waiting for my DRL relay & a new set of leds coming.

441 - 460 of 542 Posts