Honda Odyssey Forum banner

461 - 480 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks! I just finished installing my TRS HID kit. Where did you get your 25W?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #462

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks nomorenow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone. I was directed to this thread after asking about replacing the speakers in our 2014 Touring. How much of the info here regarding audio systems still pertains to the 2014 models? I'm trying to find out what the easiest and least intrusive upgrade would be to improve sound quality without tampering with the active noise cancellation, etc. My hope would be to replace the existing speakers with new ones that offer better tone and depth (stock ones sound somewhat hollow and distant).

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just want to say that this is a great thread. I just bought a used 2011 LX and planning to do some upgrades using the info posted here. Thanks nomorenow for all your posts and pics, very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you link me where you bought the speaker adaptors from at ebay? also, was it flushed when you installed it? I bought an adaptor but the bottom clips were apart by an inch and wondering how you did it for your odyssey. thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will try the rear reflector project on a 2014 as soon as the parts arrive. Hope the wiring is the same as the 2012.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just cut one clip and use doublesided tape to secure. I bought the same brackets and did it that way and it's held up fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok thanks! I will try that method.

I'm putting JBL P662S 6.5 speakers and was wondering if anybody had tried that speaker with their Odyssey. When I had it connected, I was a bit disappointed as the stock speakers produces more bass than the P662S.. or maybe it's because I have not flush mounted it yet.

Can you tell me guys what you had replaced your stock speakers with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will try the rear reflector project on a 2014 as soon as the parts arrive. Hope the wiring is the same as the 2012.

Project completed (2 way - parking & brake lights), thanks to notes from nomorenow provided by dl_amg. Wiring is different but everything works the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've installed MTX speakers in the front and sliding doors - I cut the old speakers out of the factory brackets and mounted the new speakers to the old brackets. I ordered new brackets for the new speakers but they didn't fit in the doors like the originals. I have a polk 8" sub and amp on the way and will install them this week - might post some pics since I'm putting the sub in the factory enclosure. The replacement door speakers didn't overwhelm me as I'd hoped - but the sub should help a lot! Good luck all!

·
Registered
57 Posts
odybk, great job! May you post where you put your amp and did you convert your speakers wires to RCA plugs to plug in to your amp? How's the ANC, is it giving you any problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've not mounted the amp in it's final location - I have it temporarily mounted in the rear until I figure out where I want to put it. I'm thinking of modifying the rear storage area to accommodate it. I used the SOEM-T adapter and converted the speaker wires to RCA with it as well as using the remote wire on the adapter; it works very well. I, like many others, unplugged the ANC from the factory radio and have not had a single issue with it. I'm not sure why they put ANC on this vehicle since it's so quiet without it. What speakers did you install in your 3rd row? That's my next project. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used a Polk 3.5 for the rear and Monster speaker cables to tap into the middle speaker cables.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up EXL on Tuesday. What's the best way to hide and connect the GPS Wire on to the system and put the GPS on the dash? I am planning to use Add-a-fuse, which fuse should I use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to Part 2 (wiring) - LED Bumper Reflectors

I broke down the parts, and How much $$$.

Here is the parts list I used:

#1 - Red Led strips $14.50
#2 - 2-way Led PCB $8.00
#3 - wire loom $3.00
#4 - Taillight T-Tap & Male connector sets (3) .50cents each. $1.50
#5 - Led strips T-Tap & Male connector sets (4) .50cents each. $2.00
#6 - Joint connectors from 2-way to 12v wires (4pcs) .25cents each. $1.00
#7 - 7ft 18GA Power wires $2.50
#8 - Cable Tie mounts w/tie straps (5pcs) $1.50

#9 - Black tape, N/A
#10 - Red tape, N/A
#11 - Silicon, N/A
#12 - Cardboard strips, N/A
**N/A, house hold items

Total setup $34.

Total time: 3hrs
Cost : Around $35
Level: Easy->Medium
Overall: Nice & Cool little upgrade, my kids like them...lol~!

gtg ZzzZzzzzz~!...

does anyone have a link where to get the 2way LED PCB on the interweb? TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Peej.

In watching nomore's video of the conversion to the 3 way bumper light (park, turn, and stop), there is a noticeable/considerable lag when the turn signal is flashing and stops to when the parking light comes back on. It may be a small thing, but the devil is in the detail.

I am wondering if this is a function (ie shortcoming) of the module? is there resistance in the board itself that is causing the lag in power getting through/being impeded between the input sources? I know that nomore used the setup he did based upon the initial install for the 2 way where he only had the parking and stop lights connected to the leds (then added the turn signal in after the fact). Any thoughts as to whether changing the configuration might change the lag? I am specifically thinking about running the brake and turn signal into the first board, and then running that positive output and the parking light into the second board. I am also planning on the testing the entire setup using diodes for trailer wiring and removing the modules all together. This will all be trial and error as electrical is one thing that I have never comprehended (if i can't see it, i don't understand it).

Either way, the boards are ordered and there will be some trial and error around getting to a place where I am happy with the outcome.

DB

461 - 480 of 542 Posts