Honda Odyssey Forum banner

481 - 500 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up EXL on Tuesday. What's the best way to hide and connect the GPS Wire on to the system and put the GPS on the dash? I am planning to use Add-a-fuse, which fuse should I use?
assuming its a 2014, the manual is here and fuses are on p.535 / 536 -- it would depend on what the GPS is drawing, but i would probably use the passenger side fuse box and go with #14 Rear Accessory Power Socket (15A).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks Peej.

In watching nomore's video of the conversion to the 3 way bumper light (park, turn, and stop), there is a noticeable/considerable lag when the turn signal is flashing and stops to when the parking light comes back on. It may be a small thing, but the devil is in the detail.

I am wondering if this is a function (ie shortcoming) of the module? is there resistance in the board itself that is causing the lag in power getting through/being impeded between the input sources? I know that nomore used the setup he did based upon the initial install for the 2 way where he only had the parking and stop lights connected to the leds (then added the turn signal in after the fact). Any thoughts as to whether changing the configuration might change the lag? I am specifically thinking about running the brake and turn signal into the first board, and then running that positive output and the parking light into the second board. I am also planning on the testing the entire setup using diodes for trailer wiring and removing the modules all together. This will all be trial and error as electrical is one thing that I have never comprehended (if i can't see it, i don't understand it).

Either way, the boards are ordered and there will be some trial and error around getting to a place where I am happy with the outcome.

DB
Good luck & please post with any updates. I only have the brake & parking lights in effect at the moment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello nomorenow,
I must admire of all your work done to your van. I like to add/modify things to my vans (1999 and now 2012), mostly to audio and video. You went extreme and very good with photos and instructions. I am glad we have some one like you on our odyclub. I wish we are close by so I can learn hands on from you. Thanks.
dpham

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice.... JT inspired us all... heck.. even got me looking at getting a prius too..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
nice.... JT inspired us all... heck.. even got me looking at getting a prius too..
Wow! I missed the last two pages, I'm truly sorry for not responding in time & inputs.

I've been busy with company travel since June as only representative for over 105 agents for my department (is like a Union-rep + projects).
Now in hotel in Atlanta then fly to Sydney later tonight then Seoul, Korea and then back home (Bay Area) before X'mas.

My Prius & Odyssey projects halted since Aug can't wait to finish them.

Thanks to danz75, odybk, DBCooper, dpham, and ek9cusco.

Again I'm sorry guys, and Happy Holidays everyone~!!! :cheers:

JT

·
Registered
174 Posts
Finally, I upgraded 3rd speakers and sub. It took me this long to do it b/c I never removed the back panels before. The front door speakers and rear sliding door speakers are my next project.

For the TE, the 3rd row factory speakers and the speakers on the ceiling by the LCD screen are the same. They are 3". My upgraded speakers for 3rd row are 3.5". You can see the pictures on this thread on page 7 or 8 that the depth is about 1" or 1.5". I still can not find any better speakers with this depth to upgrade the ceiling speakers. If anyone know any 3" speaker with the depth b/t 1" and 1.5" or may up to 2". Please let me know or post the link.

odybk, I use the same Polk 8" sub. Why you choose the placement for your 3rd row speaker there? and how about the sound? I like the 3rd row placement for this Ody gen..they are just behind and about the ear level...so the sound is very loud and good.

For me, the TE's audio system sound very good or I am happy with factory speakers..I guess b/c 650-Watt help. After I changed all the speakers for 06 Ody before, I was still disappointed with the sound (I did not add extra amp at the time). For the current Ody, I guess the center speaker help out a lot. After I upgrade the center speaker only, the sound does improve. Now, the sound is better with upgraded speakers from 3rd and sub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello huy30!

Good luck with your speaker upgrades! I chose the side panels in the 3rd row so the speakers would be pointed more toward the ears in front of the head - the TE location points them at the back of your ears - which I don't think is optimal. I could also install bigger speakers there.

So far so good!

Take care!

·
Registered
174 Posts
2013-12-10-1896.jpg 2013-12-11-1899.jpg

This is my first time upload pictures.

The first picture is that I cut out the connector from the 3rd row speaker.
The second picture is that I solder the connector to the new speaker..this way I just reuse the factory connector.

I did the same for the front center speaker. I used the solder to remove the connector from the factory speaker and solder it back to the new speaker.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2013-12-13-1902.jpg 2013-12-13-1903.jpg 2013-12-13-1904.jpg

Factory sub pictures.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
having those totes in the "trunk" is a great idea. i'll have to get some this weekend.
I'm still using to date, now one is using for hand tools/junks, one for kids spare cloths, and one for grocery shopping.
It does the job~!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
I have an additional problem compared to you. I have to fit in a double stroller and an, stroller. :)
Very true, totally forgot about that......double and a stroller triplets?
My kids alot older now, we just bring the umbrella stroller If necessary.

·
Registered
72 Posts
lol. meant to say umbrella stroller.

my kids are 3 and 6-months twins.

the 3-yr old does not need a stroller most of the time, but sometimes it's just easier/faster to put her in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally did the EX-L conversion to the TE Turn Signal mirrors

Well, I finally did it - I did the mod to my 2013 EX-L to swap the standard side mirrors to the TE turn signal mirrors. I wanted to thank JT for giving me the confidence that I could do this and for providing numerous pictures and descriptions of how to connect the wiring. Couldn't have done it without your help and support. I did find that it was not that bad - the most difficult part was running the wire thru the "S-shaped" rubber channel where the cabling from the doors enters the body. I did end up only needing to run one wire from each mirror harness and connect it to the correct wire above the brake pedal that JT clearly identified in his posts. On the TE mirror harness there were additional wires as has been mentioned before - my first shot at trying to see which one was the turn signal was lucky enough to be right - the Purple wire from the TE mirror harness was the one.
THE STEPS FOR ME WERE:
1. Physically installing the new mirrors - was really easy after getting the door panels off - just pop the inside garnish off, disconnect the mirror wiring harness and remove 3 bolts. The old mirror comes off, put the new mirror on and reconnect the mirror harness and bolts and pop the inside garnish on...really easy. By the way, when I removed the door panels I did not remove them completely from the door. All I did was remove the 4 screws, pry out the door control section, disconnect the door control harnesses and pop the bottom and side snaps out. I then set those door control sections aside and just rotated the door panels and let them hang from the door latch assemblies. They were out of the way and I was able to peel back some of the stuck on plastic to access the inside of the doors to deal with the wiring. When you rotate the door panel you'll find that the panel can brace up against the speaker enclosure to keep it out of the way. I wasn't completely comfortable taking the door latch assembly apart so that worked for me.
WIRING
1. Remove the door panels
2. tap the purple wire on the mirror harness with one wire from each mirror to run to the harness under the brake pedal
3. Run each wire thru the rubber "S" connector on the door and body
4. channel the wire to the harness under the brake pedal - drivers side was no problem everything is open - for the passenger side I removed the glove box to gain better access to channel the wire
5. tap the wires to the correct colored wire on the harness under the brake pedal - driver side was Blue and passenger side was Green
6. Tape down the wires I ran at various places on the wire run to the brake pedal harness
7. Put the doors back on - and that was it
Sorry I didn't take pictures at each step - I only shot the TE mirror harnesses for JT and the final look.

TE Turn Signal mirror Wire Harness showing the turn signal connection

TE Turn signal mirror harness from wiring side - Purple wire was turn signal

Done...these mirrors were from Ebay - after market sold by Tobacco Road $81 each with free shipping - and they came just as you see them - glossy black including the door attachment section - for me great since I have the Black

The following pictures are from nomorenow...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry about the pictures not showing. This was my first time posting pictures and I just did a copy and paste into the post. It showed the pictures OK until I hit post and then the pictures don't show. If someone can let me know how to post pictures correctly I'll repost them...thanks

481 - 500 of 542 Posts