Honda Odyssey Forum banner

501 - 520 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
i just really like the idea of the turn signals on the mirrors. had them on my 05 Legacy GT. OEM would of course be easiest to replace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry about the pictures not showing. This was my first time posting pictures and I just did a copy and paste into the post. It showed the pictures OK until I hit post and then the pictures don't show. If someone can let me know how to post pictures correctly I'll repost them...thanks

Here are the pics thanks to the How To video from humanoid...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two more pics

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Well, I finally did it - I did the mod to my 2013 EX-L to swap the standard side mirrors to the TE turn signal mirrors. I wanted to thank JT for giving me the confidence that I could do this and for providing numerous pictures and descriptions of how to connect the wiring. Couldn't have done it without your help and support. I did find that it was not that bad - the most difficult part was running the wire thru the "S-shaped" rubber channel where the cabling from the doors enters the body. I did end up only needing to run one wire from each mirror harness and connect it to the correct wire above the brake pedal that JT clearly identified in his posts. On the TE mirror harness there were additional wires as has been mentioned before - my first shot at trying to see which one was the turn signal was lucky enough to be right - the Purple wire from the TE mirror harness was the one.
azbill,

You did it! Great job! I've agreed the hardest part was put thru the wire(s) thru the "S-Loom" between the door & the body when I did led arrows on the mirrors.

Now I bet it looks alot better with the TE side mirrors.....hehehehehe :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
azbill,

You did it! Great job! I've agreed the hardest part was put thru the wire(s) thru the "S-Loom" between the door & the body when I did led arrows on the mirrors.

Now I bet it looks alot better with the TE side mirrors.....hehehehehe :cheers:

Thanks JT...I wouldn't have attempted it and couldn't have been successful without your help and pictures...I really do like the look of the flashing turn signals - and I'm assuming it's an extra safety factor...at least that's what I told my wife was one of the reasons for doing it...LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone tried this on a 2014? I have an EX-L and would like to put the Touring mirrors on (Not the TE ones so I don't lose my camera). Will I most likely have to run a wire?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone tried these LED Rear Bumper Connectors from eBay? I asked them and they said that usually no resistor is needed and that it is an exact fit and direct replacement on our 2011+ Odysseys. I'm guessing this would cut down the costs of this mod and make it as easy as T-Tapping the three wires.

$_57.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently joined this odyclub forum and I'm glad I stumbled into this ultimate DIY thread by you chief! nomorenow. I really had fun reading through all the pages. Highlights were painted side skirt and mud guard, the 3-way PCB Kit led mod is my favorite, oh and the Honda emblem welcome door light to name a few..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here the Part 2 of 2nd Row Speakers.

Total time: 1:30hrs
Level: Medium (due to 2nd row speakers)
Cost: $58 Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Speakers (Amazon.com) , Speaker Adapter Brackets $10 (4pcs, Ebay) , $12 Speaker Harness (4pcs, Ebay).

Notes: The hard part was trying pry-open the 2nd row door panel, Those Door panel Clips are very tight. Used all my power to get it open.
1st row was easy......
Is the 2nd row speaker is same size with 1st row? I saw you list just 1 pair of speaker, how bout another one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

what type of bit to use to remove the screw. Is there only one screw holding in place. Also, how did you take the whole panel off?
Here the Part 2 of 2nd Row Speakers.

1st remove the "C" clip. Using a small Flat screw driver from side.

Remove the Door Pillar.

Pulling & use your feet prevent door moving. See the door gap, no space @ all.

Using a 90degress screw driver.

Here speaker removed & replace speakers like part 1.

Once installed, now put back the panel.

Now done.

again, now put back the "C" clip, then we done!

Total time: 1:30hrs
Level: Medium (due to 2nd row speakers)
Cost: $58 Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Speakers (Amazon.com) , Speaker Adapter Brackets $10 (4pcs, Ebay) , $12 Speaker Harness (4pcs, Ebay).

Notes: The hard part was trying pry-open the 2nd row door panel, Those Door panel Clips are very tight. Used all my power to get it open.
1st row was easy......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi nomorenow

I got all the parts to replace the 2nd row speakers. but the adapter hooks are different from the holes on the door. just like it looks on your pictures. how did you secure the adapter to the door frame. right now did one side. I had to hold the speaker in place and push the trim back into place so that the speaker sits in the speaker trim molding. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Arunsam,
All I did was buy some shallow mount 4" Rockford fosgate speakers and used a hole saw to cut out the spot for them. I tapped the sliding door speaker wires to feed them. It has worked out very well! Good luck!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
Hi Odybk. Did u use a base filter on them.
Hi arunsam3000, my Polk DB351 speakers came with Bass Reducer (aka Bass filter) and not sure if other 3.5" or 4" speakers comes with it.

You can see theres already a filter for the tweeter.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Is the 2nd row speaker is same size with 1st row? I saw you list just 1 pair of speaker, how bout another one?
Hi dochua2k, Yes! Front & 2nd row speakers are same size 6.5".

Sorry for long delay respond, my 1st login since months due to work.

501 - 520 of 542 Posts