Honda Odyssey Forum banner

521 - 540 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello my friend. How are you? After all the work I did to my '13 I am reading it in tomorrow for a '15. I love the new features and it's less money every month. So I pulled the stereo out and amps and stuff and will begin a whole new project as my body can tolerate it. (Still a lot of pain from the accident with the '12). Hope all has been well and if you have found any new upgrades or things you feel have worked better than we have done before let me know. I am not sure about the chrome panels this time. I found as they aged they caught the wind a lot more and made noise.
Talk to you soon
Geoff

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see the led rear strip is new. What's up with the need for the capacitor and stuff. I see the thread with the wires to tap into for each side for lights, brakes and turn. Where did you get the resistors and why are they needed? You can't just tap each wire to run it? Or even easier tap into trailer hitch wiring harness?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Freakin Awesome thread, great read from the beginning. Can't wait to start working on mine. To nomorenow, how do you like the Rockford PBR amps? Where did you mount them? Also what 8" Rockford sub did you use and did you put in in the stock subwoofer enclosure? How does everything sound?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The main turn signal harness is above the break pedal and that's the shortest point besides passenger side without run long wires from outside.
Hi nomorenow

I know this might be a silly question. does the passenger side have the wire for the right turn signal? or both the wires run from the main turn signal harness to the rear of the vehicle on the driver side?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Nomorenow, I am a fan of your thread. You have done a great work and I am very sure that you have helped a lot of members from your fun posts.

I'd like to upgrade the speakers on my dashboard on my touring elite but I have no clue how to remove the panels and dashboard. Do you have any pictures that can guide me through please?

TIA.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie, Great Thread...Thank you for taking the time to provide so much great info! I just bought a 2012 Odyssey LX. It is equipped with the small 2.5 x 6.5" blue screen. Is it possible to change this out to 8" screen. I like to have a stock looking back up camera & perhaps NAV & from reading I understand this current screen is not capable of any these features. Thanks for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thought this may be of interest to some, I've added a new USB outlet to my 2002 Ody, which do not have fog lights, so there is an unused switch location, like that of the courtesy-light-switch (in shape & size)!

This outlet can be purchased on eBay or Amazon for around $10, they are very common.
I tap the power from the original cigarette lighter outlet just below the centre console, an easy access.
But I had to swapped position with the courtesy-light-switch because the gear shifter gets in the way when in 'Drive' position, I had a good laugh upon noticing the shortfall only when driving!

To relocate the switch was more involved, had to extend the wires (6 total) by about a foot! You can avoid this if you can place the new USB outlet away from the gear shifter by cutting new hole in more convenient location.

USB Outlets.jpg IMG_0185.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thought this may be of interest to some, I've added a new USB outlet to my 2002 Ody, which do not have fog lights, so there is an unused switch location, like that of the courtesy-light-switch (in shape & size)!

This outlet can be purchased on eBay or Amazon for around $10, they are very common.
I tap the power from the original cigarette lighter outlet just below the centre console, an easy access.
But I had to swapped position with the courtesy-light-switch because the gear shifter gets in the way when in 'Drive' position, I had a good laugh upon noticing the shortfall only when driving!

To relocate the switch was more involved, had to extend the wires (6 total) by about a foot! You can avoid this if you can place the new USB outlet away from the gear shifter by cutting new hole in more convenient location.

View attachment 75025 View attachment 75033
Nice! I'm actually watching a couple of those USB outlets in Ebay. Not for my van but for my Land Rover. It looks like it will match/have the same dimensions as the Carling rocker switches I use for my lockers and lighting.
Lighted Rocker Switch, SPDT, 4 Connections - Electrical Outlet Switches - Amazon.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey nomorenow,

Great pics, very helpful. Did you have any trouble with the Active noise cancelling (ANC) making a rumbling noise after you installed your speakers. Did you find a way to disable it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

i must say, i am sooo inspired by your posts of the various mods u have worked on your Ody. Amazing is an understatement :)

Any chance, you have all these posts and pictures of the mods posted in the cloud like Dropbox/Google cloud/Apple could etc so, i can easily download them instead of going thru them page by page on the odyclub website which takes a while to load new page.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello,

i must say, i am sooo inspired by your posts of the various mods u have worked on your Ody. Amazing is an understatement :)

Any chance, you have all these posts and pictures of the mods posted in the cloud like Dropbox/Google cloud/Apple could etc so, i can easily download them instead of going thru them page by page on the odyclub website which takes a while to load new page.
The OP hasn't been on this website for over a year and a half.

521 - 540 of 542 Posts