Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Nomorenow,

I am inspired by your work on LX. I have to start working on my LX van. Just ordered,
OEM: Splash guards, body side molding, cargo tray
Non-OEM: floor liners, chrome pillar posts

all from ebay.

I have to buy the internal lights, HID kit and backup camera recommended by you.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi nomorenow, Which seat covers are good, I see there are side air bags on the driver and passenger in the front row. which one are better?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi nomorenow, Which seat covers are good, I see there are side air bags on the driver and passenger in the front row. which one are better?
I took some pics for u to see how really looks in the Odyssey. I brought @ amazon $26.95 three colors to choose. Amazon.com: sideless seat cover: Automotive Overall, it's fit pretty well for Sideless seat covers.

IMG_1491.jpg Sideview.......
IMG_1492.jpg Overview......
IMG_1493.jpg Frontview.....
IMG_1494.jpg Backview......
IMG_1495.jpg Upclose........

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Clear Bra Paint Protection Installation

Here is the Installation for the Clear bra kit.

IMG_1302.jpg The mega kit came in two tubes, a good 4 pounds.
IMG_1403.jpg Already applied Opti-Coat (has cured, 4days), Wash & Clean, now ready to install the hood piece.
IMG_1407.jpg Taking out from vinyl backing sheet.
IMG_1408.jpg Layout on the hood for placement.
IMG_1410.jpg Here is with clear bra solution (95% water , 5% baby shampoo home made)
IMG_1411.jpg Align the Bra.
IMG_1412.jpg Align the Bra, Upclose you can see "A" groove for centering.
IMG_1413.jpg Found the center spot & ready to seal it down.
IMG_1414.jpg Here is the tools I used. Hairdryer to soften the vinyl for contours areas.
IMG_1415.jpg Here is installed Hood piece.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Part 2 - Clear Bra Paint Protection Installation

Here is Part 2........

IMG_1416.jpg Upclose hood Bra installed.
IMG_1418.jpg Now the Headlamp turn.

IMG_1419.jpg Spray with 5% baby shampoo.
IMG_1420.jpg Slide into place.
IMG_1423.jpg Squeeze out water with micro cloth.
IMG_1424.jpg Here it is installed upclose.
IMG_1428.jpg Upclose a angle shot, you see the Bra.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Part 3 - Clear Bra Paint Protection Installation

Part 3 Final of the Clear Bra Installation.......
IMG_1429.jpg Now will install the Bumper piece, same thing take it out from vinyl backing sheet. ""And keep-on spaying the 5% baby solution"""
IMG_1430.jpg It's pretty long Bra, you'll need extra hand with this piece, and align it together & center it with the "V" groove .
IMG_1432.jpg Center the "V" groove (the "V" is in center of the bra, just fyi) Work one side at a time & use the hairdryer for contour areas.

IMG_1435.jpg Almost done on one-side with hairdryer ""And keep-on spaying the 5% baby solution"""
IMG_1437.jpg Left is done, now ready to do the right-side with same steps.
IMG_1438.jpg All done with Bumper piece.
IMG_1439.jpg Now the Lower bumper (2 pcs, a Left and a Right) Same steps as above. ""And keep-on spaying the 5% baby solution"""
IMG_1440.jpg Again with hairdryer to work on contours. ""And keep-on spaying the 5% baby solution"""
IMG_1441.jpg Cut the excesses piece that is sticking out.
IMG_1444.jpg Final all installed, Hood, Headlamps, Bumper, and Lower bumpers.

Total time: 3 hrs & 20 mins
Level: Medium to Hard (due to the contour areas , Re-align about 5 times & trimming are necessary)
Cost: $60

Final note: Next day, I noticed the Clear Bra is harden prevent blowing off the easy??? (tested in the Freeway for 90mins), it seem really stay in place once installed. Overall I really it , and hardly notice the Clear Bra is installed from walking by the van. Remember for this installation "patience is the key".

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Add Chrome strip to Door handles

I think this one of the last add-on the van, beside the chrome fender trim & the Alloy rims (I'm looking for some OEM Honda's & Acura's in local Craigslist) but not hurry to get it.

IMG_1299.jpg Ordered (Ebay) 4X packs of 15mm wide and 2Meter long (6.5ft) 26ft total. Should be enough for Door Handles & Wheel Fenders.

IMG_1443.jpg Here is before but After Opti-Coat.
IMG_1447.jpg Cut & Trim one side first, Hairdryer was used to install the curve angle.
IMG_1448.jpg One Door handle is complete.
IMG_1456.jpg Both is done, after Cut & Trim **Hairdryer was used to install the curve angle.** and used masking tape hold it overnight.
IMG_1450.jpg Final with masking tape removed.
IMG_1449.jpg another view.

IMG_1497.jpg Overhead view.

IMG_1496.jpg straight view.

Total time: 35mins
Level: Easy
Cost: $14.76 Ebay

Overall: By adding some chrome pieces to the door it does look better. I think EX-L and above only comes with Chrome handles, but I could be wrong.
But hey by doing this I saves a ton $$.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
PreCut Window Tint for Honda Odyssey Sunstrip

I forgot I have just few more add-on came & coming.......so this week is the Windshield Sunstrip.

IMG_1501.jpg I forgot what did I ordered........

IMG_1502.jpg Hmmm....is the Windshield tint strip.

IMG_1504.jpg As you can see is pre-cut so installation hopefully is easy.

IMG_1507.jpg Here a shot b4 the tint installation.

IMG_1508.jpg 1st remove the screw that hold the mirror.

IMG_1510.jpg A cleaned windshield, with the hands clean & ready to go!

IMG_1512.jpg a spray window tint solution (95% water & 5% baby shampoo), and also spray your hands too, so no fingerprints.

IMG_1513.jpg Here unrolling to the windshield, make sure don't drop it the floor, otherwise alot dust. I have my windows all up. No flying dust.

IMG_1514.jpg Finished unroll & over the mirror hump.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Part 2 - PreCut Window Tint for Honda Odyssey Sunstrip

con't..............

IMG_1515.jpg Making a cut out around the hump.

IMG_1516.jpg Once align, I start off in the center and work the way out, one side at a time.

IMG_1518.jpg Here 95% done, 5% left to squeeze out water. Otherwise will form bubbles in hot days.

IMG_1522.jpg All done! and do final cleaning with foam glass cleaner.

IMG_1519.jpg Pretty much align with pre-cut.

IMG_1523.jpg Angle view.

IMG_1521.jpg Outside view.

IMG_1505.jpg Here is before......

IMG_1520.jpg And here After windshield tint installed.

Total time: 35mins
Level: easy
Cost: $6.49 Ebay - 35% tint

Overall: Once I installed, I noticed right away less glare in eyes without using the visor, since the Odyssey windows is huge,
compare to my Accord.

Another Note: I called local CHP, He said as long no wider than 4inch and is top 4inch should be no problem. He can't promise base on other local police.

Here I found:
WINDSHIELD:
The law allows you to tint the top four inches of your windshield, according to Tintcenter.com. This is known as a visor, and according to California's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), it's legal if it meets the following conditions: it's transparent and nonreflective; it isn't red or amber-colored; and its lettering isn't opaque and doesn't obstruct vision. No other tinting is allowed on the windshield.

Restricted Colors
:
No windows on your car may be tinted "red, amber or blue.
"

·
Registered
632 Posts
don't forget the rims too...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks for viewing~!!!
Like I said, I'm NOT an installer (I wish), I just like to save money, time & help others that could be done with add-on's (DIY).

Great thread. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Where did you find the DDM HID kit 5k (55w) for $53? I see it $100 on all sites.

I am found Clear View for $50, Kensun for $70.

But the reviews are good on DDM.

Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
hody2012,
here you go... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ddm tuning&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W&ei=OSRPT-6wGMaXtwe23qizDQ&usg=AFQjCNF9Zt32ie38MlSSI7BJi2OQrNewWg or google it "ddm tuning"
is $40 + plus shipping $13 <---same shipping if order two set and don't have same bulb/kit.
I did ordered two set for my two cars to save shipping. DDM does about two weeks to get it.
Good Luck~!

Hi,

Where did you find the DDM HID kit 5k (55w) for $53? I see it $100 on all sites.

I am found Clear View for $50, Kensun for $70.

But the reviews are good on DDM.

Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
great job making your Ody your own.... Where did you find the LEDs for the interior and lic plate?
dizzyman,

The LED's:
The front Map light & trunk they are 31mm Festoon 5050 SMD w/ 12 leds, you need three (3)

The interior , Doors , & Lic plate use........
194, 168, 501, T10 <<<---all the same, just different #'s) 5050 SMD w/4 Led's (blue or White colors), Don't get the 5-SMD's led(too long).

I ordered thru Ebay since is the lowest cost, and not in the rush to get it. (it takes about two weeks).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
AVS Hood Deflector & WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors (4pcs)

This week is AVS Hood Deflector (25237) & WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors (4pcs), Let's get started~!

IMG_1626.jpg Both package arrived, AVS Hood Bugflector II (25237) & WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors 4pcs (82556)

IMG_1631.jpg Package contents.....4pcs plastic screws, 4pcs Clear tabs, & manual.

IMG_1630.jpg Remove four 1-way mini clips (mine all four broken).

IMG_1634.jpg Shown here mini clips removed.

IMG_1635.jpg Shown here Bugflector inserted (between rubber seal & the hood) & replace the screw-in type pastic (4pcs).

IMG_1627.jpg Before...... IMG_1637.jpg After......

IMG_1629.jpg Before...... IMG_1638.jpg After......

IMG_1671.jpg Another view, I'm done!................Now let do the Weatherteach!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Part 2 - WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors (4pcs)

part two.....WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors (4pcs) #82556

IMG_1640.jpg Before....... IMG_1641.jpg After.......

IMG_1644.jpg Another view.......

IMG_1673.jpg Closeup Rear piece getting install. Remember when rollup for the 1st time , MUST rollup 5X slowly!!!!!!! (per manual) and set for 12hrs or overnight.

IMG_1675.jpg Closeup Front piece installed.

IMG_1672.jpg Both installed.

IMG_1676.jpg From the back view.

IMG_1639.jpg Before.......!

IMG_1645.jpg After........! And all completed.......

Total time: 42 mins with the hood Deflector.
Level: Easy
Cost: $53. AVS Hood Deflector (Ebay) & $90.20 (coupon 5%off "mailing5") WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors 4pcs (KBcarstuff.com)

Overall: Must take your time to install side windows deflectors during the roll-ups. That's 5X slowly (like pressing window switch 2-clicks per second).
After that is done, now is the time is enjoy the ride.

41 - 60 of 542 Posts