Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankful for the warranty. Last summer, a couple of times my car would not go into reverse, it would blink transmission system error and blind spot error. If you restarted the car it would reverse.... It did not do it at the Honda Dealership... as soon as I put the A/C on this spring it started doing it again. I took it in today thinking it would be an electrical issue, well, they are replacing the transmission.... Again thankful it is covered under warranty. I have a Honda Pilot and had the last generation Odyssey and never have had any major issues with them. just wanted to post in case anyone else gets that error/problem to take it in right away.

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
178 Posts
I should've bought Tesla Model X.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,316 Posts
This is interesting to hear. I thought that most of the transmission problems were isolated to the 9 speed units. I guess the 10 speed ones aren't great either.

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
Sympathize with mbmmurray.

However, a certain number of failures are to be expected from any mechanical device. Such an occurrence does not indicate that the sky is falling.

Browsing the first 8 pages of threads from the 2018+ forum, I found just 2 other cases of a 10-speed needing replacement.

In comparison, two years after the release of the problematic 5-speed in 2002, the forum was rife with failures requiring replacement.

Reactions: jiantao

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
Glad you are happy with the new transmission. :)

Thanks for posting the epilogue to your story.

Reactions: mbmmurray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the dealer get any codes?
I honestly do not know. I had taken it in last summer saying the transmission did not smoothly switch gears in low speeds and they basically told me there was nothing they saw wrong. This summer when I took it in, pretty much every time you put it in reverse it would "freak out" and require you to restart the car, so they could see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the 10 speed transmission replaced on my Oddy 2018 Elite at 35,300 miles and 34 months. Grateful for the warranty( cost would have been $7450). Getting the HondaCare extended warranty for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Elite, pearl white
31 Posts
Just had the 10 speed transmission replaced on my Oddy 2018 Elite at 35,300 miles and 34 months. Grateful for the warranty( cost would have been $7450). Getting the HondaCare extended warranty for sure.
Yikes this is concerning.
what were the symptoms?

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
178 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey EX-L
106 Posts
I thought HondaCare can be purchased within first 6k miles?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts