Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my "must do" things when I buy a new car :D - My Build Thread, where I can keep track of all my upgrades and updates to my car.
Here she is - 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Forest Mist Green with Beige interior.
My previous cars were:
1985 VW Golf TDI
1989 VW Passat
1977 Opel Kadett
1976 LADA 2101
2000 VW Passat
2013 Dodge Dart
1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2000 Honda Civic
2016 Nissan Murano
1996 Honda Accord
2007 Honda Odyssey
2014 Tesla Model S
2016 Honda Civic (still have it)
2017 Nissan Rogue Sport (still have it)
and now 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Already ordered:
  • full LED interior kit off Amazon (3000k warm white, basically stock OEM color but suppose to be a bit brighter, don't want very bright daylight anyways)
  • reverse white LED off Amazon, brand I always use on all my cars
  • appointment for a full all around 3M Crystaline tint (70% front sides and windshield and 20% on top of the OEM tint in the back)
  • ordered OEM wireless charging
  • used my Tesla all weather floor mats, lol, all fit and saved me $200 :D
  • ordered 5000k 55w HID low beam lights and 3000k 35w HID for fog lights
That is pretty much it for now.
I'll be updating this thread as soon as I have something new

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I would love to see some pics of the forest mist green in the sunlight. Haven’t seen any at my local dealer and pics online i dont think do it justice. Looking forward to the build thread!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new ride! I would love to see some pics of the forest mist green in the sunlight. Haven’t seen any at my local dealer and pics online i dont think do it justice. Looking forward to the build thread!
You won't believe I didn't see it myself yet lol I'll take few pics for sure, thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
and now 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Already ordered:
  • full LED interior kit off Amazon (3000k warm white, basically stock OEM color but suppose to be a bit brighter, don't want very bright daylight anyways)
  • reverse white LED off Amazon, brand I always use on all my cars
  • appointment for a full all around 3M Crystaline tint (70% front sides and windshield and 20% on top of the OEM tint in the back)
  • ordered OEM wireless charging
  • used my Tesla all weather floor mats, lol, all fit and saved me $200 :D
  • ordered 5000k 55w HID low beam lights and 3000k 35w HID for fog lights
That is pretty much it for now.
I'll be updating this thread as soon as I have something new

Can you provide links at Amazon for

• full LED interior kit off Amazon (3000k warm white, basically stock OEM color but suppose to be a bit brighter, don't want very bright daylight anyways)reverse white LED off Amazon, brand I always use on all my cars
  • OEM wireless charging
  • 5000k 55w HID low beam lights and 3000k 35w HID for fog lights
I will DIY the same and Thanks!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Forest Mist Green with Beige interior
I wish we could get the beige interior in Canada!! I don't know why Honda does such stupid things. My 2002 had a beige interior and I just loved it.
Of course, they are the same stupid ones who gave us middle row seats that don't fold down for storage and a tailgate that opens just high enough to catch tall people in the five-head. And then there's the floor that goes up and down more than the stock market when Trump opens his yap too much to his trading partners...the list goes on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you provide links at Amazon for

• full LED interior kit off Amazon (3000k warm white, basically stock OEM color but suppose to be a bit brighter, don't want very bright daylight anyways)reverse white LED off Amazon, brand I always use on all my cars
  • OEM wireless charging
  • 5000k 55w HID low beam lights and 3000k 35w HID for fog lights
I will DIY the same and Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish we could get the beige interior in Canada!! I don't know why Honda does such stupid things. My 2002 had a beige interior and I just loved it.
Of course, they are the same stupid ones who gave us middle row seats that don't fold down for storage and a tailgate that opens just high enough to catch tall people in the five-head. And then there's the floor that goes up and down more than the stock market when Trump opens his yap too much to his trading partners...the list goes on.
here Beige is the only choice for Forest Mist lol, I wish I could get Grey, but beige feels good.
Can you guys import US ?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
here Beige is the only choice for Forest Mist lol, I wish I could get Grey, but beige feels good.
Can you guys import U.S ?
We can, but the hoops and taxes you have to deal with are insane - not to mention iffy warranty issues.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kinda hard to see the difference at night, but this is a rear LEDs vs stock halogen (I might get different ones in the future)

IMG_4058.jpg
Before
IMG_3126.jpg

After (notice white light in the middle)
IMG_1274.jpg

Also interior lights (note: I'm returning them because they don't fit in rear light housings, but light is perfect)

IMG_4047.jpg
Before, stock halogen lights
IMG_6586.jpg

After, warm white LEDs
IMG_4048.jpg

And also just back from a tint shop, 70% 3M Crystaline front sides and windshield, I know lighting was different and I should've probably take photos outside, but this is all I had for the moment :(

Before
IMG_5764.jpg IMG_5384.jpg

After

IMG_8607.jpg IMG_2705.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was my previous car - Tesla Model S with the same tint (photo taken through a sunglasses, otherwise you won't see colors, reminds me OEM Mercedes windshields )

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered a kit from https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Warm white for interior, natural white for door courtesy lights, natural white for glove box and center console, cool white for DRLs to somehow match 5000k HIDs
all should fit since they are miniature bulbs, used them in the past and they were as bright as normal ones
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 3.51.02 PM.png

Oh and installed bright white in trunk area, it makes my OCD go nuts, with 3000k light there and 6000k light here but at least I can see something down there lol, I Know it looks kinda blue, but in person it is white
IMG_4035.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
Kinda hard to see the difference at night, but this is a rear LEDs vs stock halogen (I might get different ones in the future)
On your LED interior lights you are returning, I had the same problem of the bulb length, I choose to bend back the two wires on the base, and trim the plastic off the base bottom using a pair of knipping pliers. I trimed the base off by about a 1/4" to 3/8" than bend back the two wires to conform to the base. That worked for me. I did not contact the manufactuer to verify if the warranty was voided, but I didn't care either.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you very much!
no problem :)

Replaced my reverse LEDs with brighter and better looking ones, even though new bulbs have less LED chips on them they are brighter and light is more focused vs old ones I got originally
IMG_8607-1.jpg

Also first 100 miles are done :D
100000000 more to go :)
IMG_4149.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
Image from iOS.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DId anyone do light extension on any Odyssey? One light on top just not enough and I want to get LED strip in the trunk, but no source nearby, can I extend one light on top to two different strips? Is it safe?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I figured two things today, superbrightled customer service sucks. They didn't just sell me H3 DRL bulbs, that 18-20 odyssyes don't have but they are now telling me it was my fault and I should've double check and their bulb finder is just a guide to buy bulbs, but not accurate 100%... facepalm...
and xenonhid.com, ordered a set of HIDs for fogs and low beams, two weeks later no shipping info, I asked them why, they told me fog lights are on backorder till January... maybe at least let customers know ? initial delivery date was today... now it is end of January... they did offered me an upgrade though, but have to still wait two weeks... and they are shipping them from like 20 miles away from my location... very frustrating...

I guess need to look around for more reliable online stores

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
OK, I figured two things today, superbrightled customer service sucks. They didn't just sell me H3 DRL bulbs, that 18-20 odyssyes don't have but they are now telling me it was my fault and I should've double check and their bulb finder is just a guide to buy bulbs, but not accurate 100%... facepalm...
and xenonhid.com, ordered a set of HIDs for fogs and low beams, two weeks later no shipping info, I asked them why, they told me fog lights are on backorder till January... maybe at least let customers know ? initial delivery date was today... now it is end of January... they did offered me an upgrade though, but have to still wait two weeks... and they are shipping them from like 20 miles away from my location... very frustrating...

I guess need to look around for more reliable online stores
KYRGYZ, this is a VERY sad trend today - do everything half-assed, just to increase the bottom line. Honda never engaged in such practices until they decided to let everything be designed and built in North America. It is a very short-sited attitude that is now coming back to bite them in the ass. It can't happen soon enough for me. You hit any company on the planet in the pocketbook and one of two things happens - they either change or they go under.

I'm sure everyone here remembers buying Japanese electronics in the 70s and 80s. Those products were perfect and still work today. Those companies made decent profits, so WTH is wrong with the idiots today who run the so-called "high tech" companies???"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KYRGYZ, this is a VERY sad trend today - do everything half-assed, just to increase the bottom line. Honda never engaged in such practices until they decided to let everything be designed and built in North America. It is a very short-sited attitude that is now coming back to bite them in the ass. It can't happen soon enough for me. You hit any company on the planet in the pocketbook and one of two things happens - they either change or they go under.

I'm sure everyone here remembers buying Japanese electronics in the 70s and 80s. Those products were perfect and still work today. Those companies made decent profits, so WTH is wrong with the idiots today who run the so-called "high tech" companies???"
yeah, customer service is going down for some reason.

After receiving superbrightled order, I figured they are selling EXACT same LEDs that I got earlier from amazon.... such a facepalm... also it says "in order to return item, they will keep 15% restocking fee, original shipping and I need to pay for return shipping as well" disgusting

I still kept the lights and should've done what @DJVAN suggested, just shorten original lights I got, tried one and worked with no issues... damn it

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Replaced my fog lights with $20 lights from Amazon, JDM Astar brand, like them in my reverse lights, but obviously for $20 you should not expect much if anything in my case for now it is just a decorative upgrade till I get better lights lol
Tried 3 different bulbs, all for $20, none worked better than stock lights, if you ever want to replace your lights with cheap ones DO NOT!! in my case I did order very expensive headlight LEDs and will report back when I get them and install them

First one, JDM Astar claims 3600 lumens, but in fact it worse than stock light
IMG_9174.jpg

Second one, JDM Astar claims 3200 lumens, a bit brighter than halogen and a bit better than previous LED

IMG_6634.jpg

Third option, JDM Astar claims 2400 lumens and golden yellow color
IMG_9199.jpg

JDM YO, decided to keep yellow ones for now till I get better ones
IMG_8750.jpg

I do feel like they are all over the place and might blind traffic a bit, we will see, as I said, do not get cheap ones, they are not good for your safety, they don't light up road well
IMG_9211.jpg

Also replaced corner lights with LEDs while I was there

Before
IMG_2807.jpg
After
IMG_5740.jpg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts