Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Installed my ddpai mini3 dashcam, not the greatest dashcam, but a good replacement for my old and slow rexing v1, just need to find rear dashcam now, it is decent 1600p camera
IMG_4541.jpg

Also got my rear OEM mat
IMG_8302.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered a set of 20x8.5 Axxis EF02s... Can't wait to get them
P.S. Ordered them for Passport, Passport and Odyssey wheel specs are exactly the same, load ratings should be the same since Passport weight around 3900-4300 and Odyssey - 4200-4500, depends on the trim, mine being EX-L has less stuff than any Elite/Touring so should be good :D
Got them for only $400 set, 27lb each wheel
Need to park carefully now lol, that lip is weird and honestly, this is the weirdest wheel design I've seen so far... and I like it lol

Tires are Vredestein Quatrac 5 A/S, with 105W load rating (2039 lb, 168mph max) more than enough, 255/45 R20, 32 lb each tire
$700 set

so, a set of new wheels and tires - 59 lb
OEM 18 inch (THIS IS ASSUMPTION, SINCE I CAN'T FIND EXACT NUMBERS ANYWHERE) - wheels (30lb) tires Bridgestone Turanza (around 30lb) - 60 lb total

Didn't gain nor lose weight, but for sure handling will change as well as appearance
Mounting and installation free.

I think it is pretty good deal, since even OEM ones cost over $1500-$1800 used on CL or eBay

Next - coilovers :D

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Mind sharing a link for the rear OEM mat?
I got mine on eBay

I had seen a thread on vled in this forum. Insanely expensive though.
Yeah, VLEDS are expensive and honestly wasn't really impressed, my $10 LEDs ($10 for 12) I got from Amazon light up as bright as VLEDS. But have to say VLEDS built better, they fill much more solid and they sit tighter vs Amazon brand

can you please links and also how did you get the wiring done for the cameras? Is this DIY?
there is no DIY, pretty simple way, I don't want to hard wire my cameras until I find really good ones that won't cost leg and arm to buy... but I'll take a video later to show you how to hide wires

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Selling my stock 18 inch wheels and tires off 2020 EX-L, wheels have about 500 miles on them, not a single scratch, curb rash etc
All clean and look and ride like a brand new. TPMS sensors included. Balanced.

Prefer not to ship since 60lb won't be cheap to ship.

Location - SF Bay Area
Price - $1000 OBO
Tires - Bridgestone Turanza A/S
Wheels - 18x7.5 ET50 5x120 64.1 CB
Condition - used for 500 miles
Trade - roof rack, cross bars, thule alpine box, 2018 specific coilovers.

Better pics will be available tonight

·
Registered
13 Posts
DASHCAM
I"m moving my Blackvue from our old SUV to the 2020 Ody. I'll be using the power magic pro to do the install. I'll be clean and will use two "add a fuse" to wire is up. I would suggest this as the easiest and best way to install your dashcam.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had seen a thread on vled in this forum. Insanely expensive though.
As @KYRGYZ mentioned above, their build quality is better and the light output is more even. The warranty is way better and longer than 30 days for most Amazon LEDs. While HID may still be the brightest option for headlights, for turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights they're brightest I've tried.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
DASHCAM
I"m moving my Blackvue from our old SUV to the 2020 Ody. I'll be using the power magic pro to do the install. I'll be clean and will use two "add a fuse" to wire is up. I would suggest this as the easiest and best way to install your dashcam.
thanks! I considered Blackvue, but can't spend $500 ... :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
GOT MY NEW WHEELS!!!
Let me know what you guys think
Ride quality the same as with stock 18s
Noise - same
Stopping - better
Handling - not sure yet, didn't push them yet
Do they rub - nope, but again, didn't try with full load, though put 250lb in the trunk, no rubbing. Also, on full lock, while reversing, I can feel that steering wheel vibrates a little... not sure what that means. since our cars don't have fluid and steering pump is actually electric... hmmmmmmm

Yes, because of the weird design they look smaller than 20s lol

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My headlight LEDs are came in today, they are GTR Ultra Series 2 LEDs the brightest LEDs I have ever had!!
BEFORE
IMG_4043.jpg

AFTER
IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Sound deadened front doors and replaced front speakers with Focal
My thoughts so far:
1. WOW, not a single OEM sound deadening from the factory, usually all my previous cars had at least 3x3 inch piece
IMG_4013.jpg
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg

2. Easy to apply sound deadening, I'm not preparing my car for a sound competition, so that is why I just put one layer of vibration deadening to outer skin and two layers (from both sides) on inner skin

IMG_5674.jpg
IMG_6677.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg

3. Speakers I got are from crutchfiled and they are Focal Integration 6.75 inch component speakers, honestly, I'm not sure if they need time to break in but my OEM ones sound a bit better. I will report back once they work at least for 100 hours (according to a manual)
Stock speaker, not bad tbh, but stock is stock :)
IMG_7599.jpg
IMG_6618.jpg
IMG_7617.jpg
IMG_3367.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I didn't have a chance to replace tweeters, maybe later, maybe never lol

4. Door panels also got sound deadening, I put one layer of vibration deadening and another layer of 20mm sound deadening, which was a bit too thick in some parts, had to tear it up to fit my door panel back, not a big deal
Pretty heavy panels, but very fragile, somehow top part of my passenger side panel got dented... have no idea how it happened...
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_7640.jpg
IMG_9344.jpg

5. Issues - when you buy speakers from crutchfiled they also send you speaker adapters and wire adapters for free and those suck... really junk stuff, not just speaker adapter almost didn't fit and had to force it to get in, speaker terminals were in horrible location, door only had opening for the bottom and speaker adapter had very limited amount of holes, so I thought I could rotate the speaker however I was keep hitting the door with a speaker terminals ... I somehow forced it to turn around, speakers still seem to be working LOL so it is ok for now, once they stop working I guess I know the reason.
So yeah, don't get excited if crutchfield sends you free installation accessories, you might spend time to make those fit.
My recommendation Ai HSB524 adapters from Amazon, that what I used in my 16 civic for a similar mod, they fit like a glove
Also, when you buying speakers, make sure speaker terminals are located close to the magnet so they don't hit the door and adapter
IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_4946.jpg

Again, I wasn't trying to build SPL car show, as far as I know, if you covered 70% of the metal sheet, that will do the job, everything above that is just a waste of materials. But I did the whole inner and outer skins, except the one that faces the door panel, huge difference.
Removing the door panel takes literally 3 minutes.
For this project I got 50 mil 50 sq ft Kilmat sound deadening, total weight 17 lb, so not much weight added and 50 sq ft is enough for 4 doors and trunk if you don't get too crazy
I also got SOOMJ 20mm soundproofing egg shaped foam mat, but again, don't stick it to a door pockets, or any location that is close to a door metal sheet, you can put it inside the door panel, otherwise you won't be able to put the panel back, too thick
You also need alcohol to clean metal sheets.
Paper towels
and most importantly good ROLLER!!! You can't do this project without it and kilmat doesn't include rollers anymore.
Scissors and few hours of your time.
That is it.

IMG_3805.jpg

Huge difference while driving, no road noise from front doors anymore and I think bass response is much better now too. Definitely must do mod, doesn't cost much but return is huge
In person difference is much more noticable

Next - rear doors, new speakers, new subwoofer and more sound deadening

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just back from 500 mile Tahoe, CA trip, lots of snow, ice and wind.... car handled everything like a champ!!! very quiet, comfortable and very good grip on all surfaces (thanks to Vredestein tires) ! Great road trip vehicle... on the way to Tahoe I averaged 20.1 mpg, back to SF - 23 mpg... not bad, I guess
P.S. car is filthy dirty now lol
IMG_9453.jpg
IMG_9454.JPG

And got my Vankulture goodies
IMG_1160.jpg

21 - 37 of 37 Posts