Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I was backing up to get a good parking spot and never saw this short yellow pole behind me, and whammmm! A nice dent right on the corner of the back bumper. The dent did pop out, but now I have yellow paint streaks and a little bit of a crinkle. What's the best way to get the paint streaks out and should I use touch up paint on the crinkle or take it to a professional? I am so MAD at myself. :-(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can't wait for my Poron Mini3 en route....

Sorry to hear about your incident.

-- Hoa

------------------
GG '02 EX-L NAVI

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am also sorry to hear about it, a mild compound would probably work, but first try (Believe it or not) toothpaste. Sounds silly I know, but toothpaste is an extremely mild abrasive and a cleaning solution and very unlikely to damage the finish. If that won't work use something like the white Turtle Wax compound in the green can. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too have my first blemish on my new van. My other car is 12+ years old and has got nothing on it. This one is 3 months old and now has a slight crease (no lost paint) about 4" long in the front edge of the flare around the right rear wheel well.

It wasn't my spouse, the kids didn't distract me, and I wasn't wasted. I just seem to have a hard time judging where that back corner is. I was rounding into a parking lane at Christmas time (OK, I did really want that good spot up front) and cut it too sharp trying to avoid oncoming cars, and I kissed the plastic bumper cover on a Suburban that was illegally parked in the stripped area at the end of the row of cars with it's big ass hanging out.

I thought of fire bombs, slashed tires, etc. in retaliation, but it was really my fault ... mostly. Maybe I'm getting old, or lazy, or smart, but I simply did nothing. Heck, I barely got mad. It all sort of makes me wish I'd have just come out and found the damage done. At least then I could have maintained my self righteous indignation. As it stands now, I'm just a crappy driver.

------------------
  • ’90 4Runner – lacking for a family of 5
  • ’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES – my new best friend
TNUCKELS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts