Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I own a 2006 Honda Oddessy Mini-van. We are now on our 3rd set of tires. My 2nd set were Michelins, purchased 2 years ago from Discount Tire, during a recent oil change at another tire company, Tire Works, we were informed that we needed new tires, I was told they had dry rot, I told the salesman they have plenty of tread and that he was full of it. Well, I got home and sure enough the sides of these Michelins were cracking and cracking bad. I went to our local Discount Tire and was informed that there was no warranty by either Michelin or Discount Tire on the tires.

So, with my head hung low, I went back to see Carl at Tire Works. First, this is a good natured salesman who did not make me feel bad for doubting him and was quite empathetic. Here was my first surprise, he asked me who drove the van. No one had ever asked me that. He explained that women are more sensative to the ride of a tire than men. Knowing my wife, this made hella sense to me. Next he suggested the Cooper Cs4 touring, told me "I will personally guarentee your wife will not complain about this tire and she even tell you they ride nice"

That was 3 months ago; My Wife, she told me, just off the wall at dinner one night, "the tires you put on the van made all the difference in the world, they are quiet and ride nice" THAT right there says everything and anything about this tire. My Hat is off to Carl at Tire Works for reccommending this tire and knowing his customers needs.

The Cooper CS4 Touring tire, I will never put another Michelin on one of my cars ever again.

Charles t Wilson
Las Vegas

·
Registered
606 Posts
My dad calls this sort of thing "domestic tranquility" - usually when he has to go against his wishes to please HER. :D

Glad for the experience. My wife is very forgiving. I had taken my old van and put stiffer shocks on it, michelin tires which got really stiff, and the combination made it ride like a coal-cart! My gosh it banged down the road. Only with a load like 4 ppl or cargo would smooth it out. I did worse to my first car a Shadow Turbo, I put KYB's and rear sway bar, etc and it too rode so it felt every bump. I have to tell myself that when I look at doing stuff to my van....but i drive it at least 50%.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts