Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 18 Elite. I had a '14 Elite which was the first model with the HondaVac and I loved it...used all the time.

Used it once in the '18 with engine on, parking brake on. No issues.

Tried again and now it will not come on at all...only the "PowerSave" light comes on. It DOES, however, work with the vehicle in ACCESSORY mode (weird, huh?)

Anyone come across this? I left it at the dealership ALL DAY yesterday and they couldn't fix it... I'll have to bring it back another day so they can troubleshoot next to another Elite (once they get one on their lot).

Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue as you describe. The VAC runs only when car is in the ACCESSORY mode. Will not run with the engine started. I am taking it in Thursday for a multitude of "QA" issues. We will see what shop has to say.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same issue as you describe. The VAC runs only when car is in the ACCESSORY mode. Will not run with the engine started. I am taking it in Thursday for a multitude of "QA" issues. We will see what shop has to say.
So we were on vacay last week and just out of the blue the vacuum started working with the engine running. I have not done anything except let about 7 days pass from when it was in the shop last.

Let me know if your dealer found a fix...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would imagine it's because way too many electronics are on and draining power when it's in the ON position.

A lot of power hungry electronics, as well as running a vacuum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would imagine it's because way too many electronics are on and draining power when it's in the ON position.

A lot of power hungry electronics, as well as running a vacuum.
I thought about that until I read that the Touring and Elites have a completely different battery/alternator combo for that very reason. The vacuum should work with the engine running, no doubt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer fixed the issue by "clearing a code" per my voicemail. Will see if I can get more details in person

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer fixed the issue by "clearing a code" per my voicemail. Will see if I can get more details in person
Did you get any specific info from the dealer about which code they cleared? Perhaps it is written on your service ticket receipt when you picked up the van?

Any info you have would be so beneficial... I am on my 3rd trip to the dealership and they still cannot figure out what is wrong. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The vacuum on my 2014 Touring Edition just stopped working as well. The power save light comes on as soon as you try to power the vacuum. This is regardless of if van is running or just on accessory mode. I recently had the van in the shop to have the battery replaced. Wondering if anyone else has this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We’re you ever able to get particulars about the code they cleared? Mine won’t work while engine is running either, but does work in Acc mode.

I know this post is old, but hoping for some answers. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just experience a similar issue. In my case the "powersave" light came on and vacuum won't start at all whether on ACC or with the engine on. I also had the battery low warning while on ACC.

The "cleared code" response above led me to try clear any potential codes with a negative battery terminal disconnect for 10 minutes. Checked with battery tester and battery is good at 12V. Plugged everything back in and vacuum works on ACC and with engine on. Battery low warning while on ACC also has disappeared. Hopefully it stays that way.

Oh and if you happen to disconnect and reconnect the battery with the sliding doors and rear tailgate open, you will need to manually close all of them to restore button/remote function (ask me how I know ;))

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a used 2015 Honda Touring.

The vacuum worked when I bought it.

I went to use it the other day, and it wasn't working.

I would turn the car on or run it in accessory mode, I would go to push the power button on the vacuum, and, nothing happened. Not stuck in power saver mode or anything?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If the vac would not operate at all and no warning lights are present, then start with checking the fuse and working backwards.

Can the folks who have had issues update their solutions please?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I checked a couple fuses and they seemed fine. Do you know the exact fuses to check for the vacuum and I will double check those as well. I also recently had the battery tested and it is in good condition. I have no idea what else it could be?

any help would be appreciated !

·
Registered
320 Posts
I checked a couple fuses and they seemed fine. Do you know the exact fuses to check for the vacuum and I will double check those as well. I also recently had the battery tested and it is in good condition. I have no idea what else it could be?

any help would be appreciated !
There is usually a map of the fuse panel on the back of the fuse panel cover. I assume one should be marked vacuum. I think there are three different fuse panels inside the van though. Not sure where they all are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is usually a map of the fuse panel on the back of the fuse panel cover. I assume one should be marked vacuum. I think there are three different fuse panels inside the van though. Not sure where they all are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heavy amperage items such as the Vacuum cleaner (60A) would be in the Engine compartment in this case it would be the Fuse Box - B, fuse f

1 - 16 of 16 Posts