Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following problems with my 2011 Touring and I'm wondering if I'm the only one having these issues. I did post about one or two of them early on but I suspect there are more owners here now. I'm waiting until my first oil change to get these fixed but they are getting a little annoying.

1. Steering pump or some steering component is squeaky when the vehicle is cold. This only occurs for the first few turns in the morning.

2. iPod skips frequently. I don't believe it is the downloads that are the problem as it skips at different points each time and the music is fine when listening to the headphones.

3. Nav screen is in dark mode frequently when it is sunny out. If the sun is ever behind the car... even at say 1PM.. it will switch to night mode.

4. My screen sometimes fails display images when the car is turned on. You can see the screen is lit but nothing is displayed. Pushing the little moon button doesn't help. Turning the car off and on usually fixes the issue.

5. This might be user error.. but when I try to play the DVD through the whole through pressing Rear Source, the sound changes to the DVD and switches to another source within about a minute.

6. I get the low battery light from time to time at times when it makes no sense... when the battery has not be used... like right after driving home from a store.. not using AC or anything unusual.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I agree with number 2, when using the Bluetooth mode, and number 4, which happened to me a few times now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the following problems with my 2011 Touring and I'm wondering if I'm the only one having these issues. I did post about one or two of them early on but I suspect there are more owners here now. I'm waiting until my first oil change to get these fixed but they are getting a little annoying.

1. Steering pump or some steering component is squeaky when the vehicle is cold. This only occurs for the first few turns in the morning.

2. iPod skips frequently. I don't believe it is the downloads that are the problem as it skips at different points each time and the music is fine when listening to the headphones.

3. Nav screen is in dark mode frequently when it is sunny out. If the sun is ever behind the car... even at say 1PM.. it will switch to night mode.

4. My screen sometimes fails display images when the car is turned on. You can see the screen is lit but nothing is displayed. Pushing the little moon button doesn't help. Turning the car off and on usually fixes the issue.

5. This might be user error.. but when I try to play the DVD through the whole through pressing Rear Source, the sound changes to the DVD and switches to another source within about a minute.

6. I get the low battery light from time to time at times when it makes no sense... when the battery has not be used... like right after driving home from a store.. not using AC or anything unusual.
For #3, sounds like your headlights could be on AUTO mode and that they have turned on, even though they shouldn't when it's sunny and 1pm. When your headlights come on the NAV screen goes to night-dark mode.

So far my Touring Elite has been great and doesn't have these problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For #5, what source are you on when the DVD is playing in the back? If you are on another source other than DVD, then pressing Rear Source will only preview the sound of the DVD playing, which only lasts a minute. It is working as intended.

For #4, I think this is a problem that needs to be replaced. Someone posted about this in this forum that the screen is the culprit, not the navigation unit.

For #3, you can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor.

·
Registered
197 Posts

1. Funny, I have just noticed this once or twice now. Sounds like yours happens more than mine, though. Of course, maybe not the same...mine sounds like it comes from the inside at the steering wheel, not outside.

3. Mine does this, too. The auto headlights appear to have a design flaw. When it's really bright out, the shadow of the roof can fall over the light sensor in the middle of the dash by the windshield, and causes the auto headlights to think your going through a tunnel or something and will turn on. You can verify the lights are turning on because the dash indicator comes on. Headlights on causes the nav display to turn to night mode. For bright days, I'm using the headlights manually. As stated above, you can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor, but only on touring and above. EX-L and below owners are out of luck.

4. There's a TSB for this. Look in the sticky thread. Get your display replaced.

·
Registered
30 Posts

As other's have mentioned you can adjust the auto headlight sensitivity in Touring models. Failing that, if you adjust the dash light brightness as high as it will go (turn the stick in the instrument cluster all the way to the right), the dash lights and Nav screens should not dim.

·
Registered
197 Posts
As other's have mentioned you can adjust the auto headlight sensitivity in Touring models. Failing that, if you adjust the dash light brightness as high as it will go (turn the stick in the instrument cluster all the way to the right), the dash lights and Nav screens should not dim.
I chose not to do this option since the dash lights then won't dim (i.e. nav screen won't switch to night mode) even at night when you do want them to.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I definitly have the squeaky steering on cold mornings. Never occurred in Florida, we had to visit my parents in Atlanta to hear it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do I adjust the sunlight sensor? I have the same problem #3. Thank you,

·
Registered
427 Posts
How do I adjust the sunlight sensor? I have the same problem #3. Thank you,
Just leave the headlights off and turn them on when you think they should be. I've never been a fan of auto-headlights, even in my luxury cars. Sometimes they act up, regardless of adjustments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts