Honda Odyssey Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay, so I have 3 sway bars for test fitting.

A set of sway bars made by Eibach meant for a 2010 Chevy Corvette. The front bar is hollow and is like ~29mm, and the rear bar is around ~17mm.

And I also have a rear sway bar meant for a 2015 Toyota Tundra, this bar is solid and is like 30mm.

So far the Corvette FSB is fitting like a glove. It seems it's going to mount in a pretty good location, almost exactly like what aardvark has done. This Vette bar is really light to, so I'm hoping it will bend a bit more than the solid bar that Aardvark is using. This should result in less stress to the mount points and should require less "beefing". I am still going to back up all mount points with extra metal.

Wish me luck guys!! I'm working on this tomorrow. I will try to provide pics if I can....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
a 2010 pilot sway bar is what fit best, we never drove the van we put it on but it fit perfect we just had to weld sway bar link tabs on the rear, there is even already holes drilled for the sway bar bushings, almost like there a shared part between the ody and pilot
Which model years? Can you please provide a link, if somebody has posted this online?

You're talking about the rear bar, correct?

The 1999-2001 Odys handled better (I owned one for a few years). They had a 24mm FSB. 2002-2004 got a watered-down 22mm FSB.

Back to the rear bar...Montana had some damage occur to his 2002 Odyssey's floor pan, and he removed his RSB setup :(

Me...I'm still struggling to figure a way to install that Chassis Engineering 7/8" (~22mm) RSB onto my 2003 EX. One of the local hot rod builders suggested I get some rather large pieces fab'd up to serve as points to attach the bar bushing mounts, with those pieces attached to the mounting points for the trailer hitch. I'm almost seeing what he means, but that'll be a stout bit of metal and welding (for mounts and attachment points on the rear LCA's).

Gotta replace the timing chains on my Altima before I tackle any more work on my 2003 EX (for now, it's my daily driver).

OF

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
So, you never actually fitted it to a finished installation with a test drive to make sure it works?

I've propped up a couple different bars (last one was from a 1st gen Tundra) that "looked" okay, but the proof is actually doing it. So far, I'm on the "can't make it work" group of people.

I have to give 0204's setup a look when he posts more pic in his thread. If his "beef up" setup looks stout, I might attempt it; however, the luggage well sheet metal on my 2003 EX sure is insanely thin and flexible. :(

OF

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
no never got to drive it but there would be no reason it wouldnt function, the van needed an inspection and became to much to finish, still have the van so i will get under it and snap some pics if i can
So, you never actually fitted it to a finished installation with a test drive to make sure it works?

I've propped up a couple different bars (last one was from a 1st gen Tundra) that "looked" okay, but the proof is actually doing it. So far, I'm on the "can't make it work" group of people.

I have to give 0204's setup a look when he posts more pic in his thread. If his "beef up" setup looks stout, I might attempt it; however, the luggage well sheet metal on my 2003 EX sure is insanely thin and flexible. :(

OF

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted up a pic in the thread I started showing the top mounts for those interested in doing your own RSB mod.

It took me roughly 3 to 4 hours to install this bar myself. Probably could have done it quicker, but I like to take my time because I didn't want it to be wrong.

And BTW, the rear mounts are pretty close to the edge of where the uni-body makes a 90 degree turn. These points were very sturdy and are so far (2 weeks of daily driving) has proven that these mounts are not flexing. I take corners hard sometimes, and so far so good.

·
Registered
2004 EX-RES
1,082 Posts
I have been looking at this mod for a while now for my 04 but I have air bags back there already. I wonder if it would be overkill otherwise this sounds like a good project for the spring. I also might have another project going on with the car. I contacted a company that does aftermarket powered lift gates and though they don't make one for our generation they may be willing to send me a sample kit to try and make work. I will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally gave up waiting for someone to sell a rear sway bar for my 2002 Ody and decided to make my own.
It makes the van feel far less front heavy and flatter in corners. All good but could be better.
I decided to start with a smallish 11/16 dia. bar off of a Ford I already had on hand but think I'll go to a 1-1/8 dia bar for the same application.
Does the 2002 Odyssey come with a rear sway bar?

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Does the 2002 Odyssey come with a rear sway bar?
No, none of the trims had one from the factory; only on the front.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts