Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I made a deal to get this Ody.

I've waited for 2 months and I was told that I could wait another 1 month for the one I ordered. The dealer told me yesterday there is another coming in with different color (same options, EX-L w/NAV).

Is this a good deal? EX-L w/NAV, G Green Color, MSRP-$500. I was able to get 5.5% at my local bank for financing.

I am going to pick it up tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by mwang168 (edited 12-27-2001).]

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats and it sounds like the deals we have around here... Most dealers will discount the $440 trans fees. You did better than alot of people, so I would be very content!!!

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, just got a call from the dealer that I have to buy the hitch ($367) as well. This van was ordered by another guy and he cancelled. The GM told me now this guy wants it back. (I guess this might be a trick). Is this hitch really worth $367? The GM told me that it is for a bike. Does that mean I have to buy some extra to mount a bike? How about towing a trailer? I never have any towing experience before. Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mwang168:
OK, just got a call from the dealer that I have to buy the hitch ($367) as well. This van was ordered by another guy and he cancelled. The GM told me now this guy wants it back. (I guess this might be a trick). Is this hitch really worth $367? The GM told me that it is for a bike. Does that mean I have to buy some extra to mount a bike? How about towing a trailer? I never have any towing experience before. Thanks.

</font>
I don't think the hitch alone is worth $367 (even with installation). Does it include a transmission cooler? Also, does this price include the adapter to hold the bikes? Because the receiving end of the hitch is just a square tube. Be careful of this GM...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know it's not worth $367. However, GM told me that if I don't want that, I won't get the vehicle. WTF? Well, I have to say it's a very bad dealer. They just upset me at the last minute. Originally I thought I got a good deal. Now it's just so-so. I wouldn't recommend this dealer to anybody.
It's Howard Cooper at Ann Arbor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
don't buy from them if possible

I live 3 miles from howard cooper and drove 25 miles to buy my car and to get it serviced elsewhere. I don't know how thay stay in business as I have almost never heard anyone say anything good about them. Their sales people are so condescending and irritating. The service performed has always been good but they have an amazing capacity for finding additional things that need to be fixed (the other dealer never seems to have this happen) especially when my wife takes it in.......

·
Registered
827 Posts
Howard Cooper on State Street blows! They treat Honda customers like they are from the land of wheat! I swear if you drove in with a Volkswagon or an Audi you get the royal treatment, but drive in with a HONDA and they act like your worthless.

Its amazing how some HONDA dealers are allowed to be a HONDA DEALER.....

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Original poster bought 6 years ago. There is an existing thread on dealer reputation you may want to post in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts