Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
boulder_bum said:
Check it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/04/business/04minivan.html

We're apparently on the front page of the business section.

Reporter Nick Bunkley found us via this forum so our mug shots and a short quote are included in the story.

Now to track down a local newsstand with The Times so we can buy a few copies...
Very cool. Congrats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good for you, for having all 3 properly buckled for the pic! No Misuse!

How's that 3 across with the radian's work for you?

On my '05, you COULDN'T fit 3 radians across forward facing. I haven't tried yet with the new van though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
awesome pic!

We've got a Britax Boulevard, Roundabout, & booster in the 2nd row all using LATCH... which was not possible in our 2008. We're loving the 2011!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Three girls, is the fourth a girl too? That's gonna be one loud minivan!

I have three girls. When my wife was pregnant with her fourth and it turned out to be a boy, we were almost disappointed. heh

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hey, I beat you to the article find and post last night. Is Honda giving you some goodies for the free advertising? :D

2011 + Odyssey Reviews and Articles

MySillyBoys said:
On my '05, you COULDN'T fit 3 radians across forward facing. I haven't tried yet with the new van though.
A key purchase point for us was the ability to seat 3 across one row (2nd row in our case though, but eventually we may have 3 forward facing), and the Odyssey was the only one with enough width and latches on the 3 seats (see attachment)

boulder_bum, Could you post a pic of your final seat configuration? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whoa said:
The pic on the face of your youngest at the far left is priceless...
I laughed when I saw that too. She was getting a little grumpy I guess. :)

MySillyBoys said:
Good for you, for having all 3 properly buckled for the pic!
We had to so they wouldn't get away!

MySillyBoys said:
How's that 3 across with the radian's work for you?
I was surprised to find out that it's actually a little tighter than when we had three car seats in the back of our Prius. It's because the back wheel wells intrude on the third row. Three Radians fit in the third row, but barely.

bryan11 said:
Three girls, is the fourth a girl too?
It's a surprise. My wife says the pregnancy feels different so it may be a boy, but we'll see!

kohyuta said:
We've got a Britax Boulevard, Roundabout, & booster in the 2nd row all using LATCH... which was not possible in our 2008. We're loving the 2011!
The 5 LATCH/6 top anchors of the Odyssey were the primary reason we bought the Odyssey over the Sienna. The Sienna weirdly has only 1 LATCH/top anchor in back and it takes up two seats (it only has 3 LATCH anchors total!).

BigBoat said:
boulder_bum, Could you post a pic of your final seat configuration? Thanks
If you ask nice in again a little later I can hook you up. We actually don't have the fourth car seat purchased yet.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
boulder_bum said:

If you ask nice in again a little later I can hook you up. We actually don't have the fourth car seat purchased yet.
Cool, thank you. We love the 3 seats on the 2nd row and the sliding doors as in that way there is no need to leave the garage, climb-up around to buckle-up nor open the hatch, but they will grow eventually and your configuration looks very good, especially with grandparents or friends around.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Odyclub propels member and family to national fame! Congrats!! (and all the best with your 4th)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks, Dave!

BigBoat said:
Cool, thank you. We love the 3 seats on the 2nd row and the sliding doors as in that way there is no need to leave the garage, climb-up around to buckle-up nor open the hatch, but they will grow eventually and your configuration looks very good, especially with grandparents or friends around.
I think the primary motivating factor is the fourth kid. We necessarily have to have at least one kid in the back, and it seemed easiest to snap the infant seat into a base on the second row.

Since we need to access the back, we didn't want car seats in the sides of the second row because that would make rear access more difficult (seat couldn't lean forward when sliding it).

Anyway, it looks like the New York Times story got syndicated and we were briefly on the front page of Yahoo! the other day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5330498725/lightbox/

·
Banned
728 Posts
boulder_bum said:
Thanks, Dave!

I think the primary motivating factor is the fourth kid. We necessarily have to have at least one kid in the back, and it seemed easiest to snap the infant seat into a base on the second row.

Since we have to access the back, we didn't want car seats in the sides of the second row because that would make rear access more difficult (seat couldn't lean forward when sliding it).

Anyway, it looks like the New York Times story got syndicated and we were briefly on the front page of Yahoo! the other day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5330498725/lightbox/
How do you get access to the third row seating with 3 car seats installed in the second row?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shazzam said:
How do you get access to the third row seating with 3 car seats installed in the second row?
I was trying to say our three car seats are in the third row because of the problem you mention. We'll only have a rear-facing infant seat in the middle of the second row.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Shazzam said:
I have that configuration but with 3 kids only (infant in the middle)

I'll face that 3rd row "problem" once, twice a year, no doubt. I've tested accessing through the hatch with the split seat down and far from perfect, but it works for 2 people. Now, trying to sit a 3rd soul on that row will prove very, very difficult :eek:

·
Registered
197 Posts
boulder_bum said:
Since we need to access the back, we didn't want car seats in the sides of the second row because that would make rear access more difficult (seat couldn't lean forward when sliding it).
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I was able to still get the chair to slide forward even with my son's carseat strapped in it. Sure, the seat back doesn't tilt forward, but it would still slide forward. I thought the sliding was enough for even my in-laws to get to the back okay. Doesn't really matter, just was thinking that I did that and it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It might be possible to access the back seat with car seats in the second row, but it's certainly more difficult. I guess we don't want to have to deal with it each and every time we take the kids out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts