Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the practicality of the van, holds tons of stuff and a great family car, but also a great car for us outdoor enthusiasts. Every year I take a big mtn bike trip with my friends, head from Colorado to Whistler BC and ride all along the way. The van has done it twice now. It does great, but where it suffers in off road (yes I know its not an off road vehicle, but I am not talking about 4 wheeling, just getting out of the way.

I put an air assist lift in it for when its loaded and that helps, but it could use a bit more clearance and could stand to be a little tougher (kind of the way the Element was marketed, no carpet, hose it out etc). I wonder if there is a market for this? I love how the Audi all road has 3 height settings..

Just thoughts.. I will probably sell it soon for a truck, but hate the idea of 15 mpg...

·
Registered
39 Posts
you will need to build that yourself . Honda hasn't even added their SH-AWD from the acura to the Odyssey .

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes. If Honda doesn't do it , you'll need to take the parts off a salvaged MDX and transfer everything to the Odyssey .

·
Registered
786 Posts
You would also probably lose the in-floor storage and the storage well in the back, meaning the 3rd row would no longer retract into the floor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might consider the Honda Pilot 4WD over the Odyssey for what you are doing. The Pilot is very capable for hauling and offers light duty off-road with good ground clearance yet rides comfortably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts