Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Odyssey for an Odyssey is finally over after 104 days. My 2002 RP EX is now sitting in my garage. I went through the check list with the dealer and found no problems with any options or the known 2002 defects. This van kicks ass on the highway compared to my old junkstar, I was merging into traffic from the on ramp when I looked down I was already doing 70 mph in a 60 mph zone.WOO HOO
Now I finally feel like an official Odyclub member this being my first Honda.

By the way I want to thank all those who run this club. There's not only a wealth of information here,but this is also a great money saver on optional eguipment. I will have saved over $800 on the warranty, mud guards, cargo try, door edge guards and up graded speakers.

May our Ody's live long and prosper.

[This message has been edited by Vantastic (edited 03-13-2002).]

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vantastic:
My Odyssey for an Odyssey is finally over after 104 days. My 2002 RP EX is now sitting in my garage. I went through the check list with the dealer and found no problems with any options or the known 2002 defects. This van kicks ass on the highway compared to my old junkstar, I was merging into traffic from the on ramp when I looked down I was already doing 70 mph in a 60 mph zone.WOO HOO

By the way I want to thank all those who run this club. There's not only a wealth of information here,but this is also a great money saver on optional eguipment. I will have saved over $800 on the warranty, mud guards, cargo try, door edge guards and up graded speakers.

May our Ody's live long and prosper.

</font>
Congratulations on your new Ody. I almost bought a junkstar since both my parents work for Ford back in Michigan. I get a pretty good discount with the folks being Ford employees. We are very happy with the Odyssey. Previous car was a 98 Accord which we loved. Don't get any speeding tickets.
This van moves! Enjoy!

------------------
Dave
02 GG Odyssey EXL, Full Nose Mask, Cargo Tray, Mud Guards, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Dash Designs Dash Mat, Fog Lights. Coming soon: S2000 antenna mod, RES.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations on your new Oddysey!!! I am also waiting for mine (76 days so far) and hopefully is going to be built on 3/22. My dealer did not give me a VIN number and I haven't insisted in getting it (maybe I should but I feel that I cannot do anything with it).
In reference to the Junkstar, I currently have a 1996 and I've never had any problems with it. Maybe I am lucky or the mileage is low (47K) or both.
I must admit though that it depreciates very fast and that the engine is noisy.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fercho:
...going to be built on 3/22. My dealer did not give me a VIN number and I haven't insisted in getting it (maybe I should but I feel that I cannot do anything with it).
</font>
The dealer can't find out the VIN until after the vehicle is built, so there is nothing the dealer can do to tell you the VIN in advance of that date. He should be able to get the VIN within a day or two after assembly.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
596 Posts
Vantastic said:
This van kicks ass on the highway compared to my old junkstar, I was merging into traffic from the on ramp when I looked down I was already doing 70 mph in a 60 mph zone.WOO HOO

One of the inhearant problems with the 02 Ody is that it loves to stretch its legs (or wings). Mine is real comfortable in the daily flow of traffic around OKC at 75 - 80 MPH. :zoom:I think that the local law just stays out of the way. I haven't seen any of them in months. (Where's a cop when you need them?)

Anyhow, Congratulations on you new arrival. All I can say is ENJOY!!!:D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts