Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed all 4 of my tires are wearing with the same pattern.

Here are my measurements.

They measure from 4/32 outer, 5/32 middle, and 7/32 inside.

Tires are OEM and kept at OEM psi. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 over sometimes, but never under. Also, rotated as necessary.

It's a minivan so I don't think I drive it that aggressively, or am I? Is this the same wear pattern you guys are experiencing?

09 Ody with 32K miles.

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
Mine have always worn evenly across the tread. Yours sound like they have taken maybe some fast interstate cloverleafs since they have worn on the outer part of the tread. The van handles so well on curves and is so heavy, you may not appreciate the work the tires are doing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Possible alignment issue with too much toe in set?

A good tire place (NTB, Discount) should be able to guide you on possible fixes/problems.

And BTW, you are doing well for the wear, I had to replace all 4 at 30k, they were done.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Possible alignment issue with too much toe in set?
To add to the story. Many Ody owners experience a pull (to the left or right- don't recall) when it was factory new. The reports are on this forum too.

I had the same issue which the dealer said "nothing was wrong." After the 2nd time they said "nothing was wrong," an alignment was done anyway to satisfy me. This was when it was only 6 months old. Thank you. The Ody track as how a Honda should.

Fast forward now. Did the dealer align a more aggressive toe to resolve my "drifting" issue? And caused this uneven tire wear?

Here are my past experiences with alignments on other cars. 50% got it right on, 50% sort of missed it. I've never gone to a dealer to get an alignment.

Because the Ody is a bit finicky, should I have the dealer align the car, and pay their price?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fast forward now. Did the dealer align a more aggressive toe to resolve my "drifting" issue? And caused this uneven tire wear?
My guess is yes, they aligned it to fix the problem that you were reporting. And in doing so, the unintended consequence was more uneven wear long term for your tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts