Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my van in for a coolant leak at the top of the engine and for a replacement of a very noisy window motor in the right front door. anyone else with similar problems?

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I haven't heard of any coolant leaks, so I'm hoping that's just a fluke. The window motor on the other hand is a typical gadget. Gadgets break.

I'm just waiting for those doors to fail on me.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the doors are the only reason why i did not by the ex model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didn't want the power doors either. We almost went with the LX for that very reason.

Still, we liked
- auto climate control (set it and forget it)
- upgraded interior fabric
- alloy wheels . . wheel covers are too "low rent" IMO for a vehicle of this price. Caviller has a nice set of rims for his LX, though.
- color keyed trim/mirrors

There are numerous other features with the EX that we like, but if I COULD have got the EX without automatic doors, I would have.

------------------
'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL Supercab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm surprised at the general opinion on the pwr doors. I wouldn't buy one without them. GM has had that feature for several years and in general, I understand they are quite reliable (we all know about overall GM reliability right?). Honda likely uses a different supplier for their pwr door mechanism and if it is Denso or Hitachi or similar, the doors would be very durable and reliable.

Just my opinion.

------------------
Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Another thought, 4% warranty constitutes a recall by law. I'm quite sure that Honda's warranty for the pwr doors is way below that percentage but it would be really interesting to know what the rate really is. If a recall occurs, we know that the warranty rate is 4% or above.

------------------
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts