Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Something got stuck inside the display. Does anyone get any idea how to get it out? I am not sure how it goes in in the first place.

Thank you very much!

Honda Odyssey 2014 EX-L

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think I could leave that alone. It would drive me insane! Every time I got into the van, my eye would immediately go to that spot. I'd be tearing about the dash to remove that. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
you need to remove the visor around the gauge cluster (10 push clips) then there are three bolts holding the gauge cluster in place (one on the top edge and one on each lower corner) - then disconnect it from the wiring harness and it should come out. The lens panel is then held in place - clips into 8 or 10 spots. Personally, I would purchase a new lens (it's part no. 78155-TK8-A01) as it only costs $5 (msrp) and that way you don't have to worry about scratching the old one when taking it out - then just pick out the junk (looks like a dead moth)), snap the new lens into place and reinstall the gauge cluster. (it also looks like there are a few small rubber bumpers on the bottom of the gauge cluster or lens that will need to be transferred over)

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Pop out the outer black trim, remove the screws holding in the speedometer, unplug connector, take apart the clear lens by releasing the tabs, blow away the dust or LIGHTLY use a new microfiber towel, button everything back together.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,269 Posts
Pop out the outer black trim, remove the screws holding in the speedometer, unplug connector, take apart the clear lens by releasing the tabs, blow away the dust or LIGHTLY use a new microfiber towel, button everything back together.
I will also add that have some patience when putting it back together - look VERY CLOSELY for other dust and contaminants - you will see them and be annoyed by them forever if you miss something! Use 'canned air' to clean inside the cluster, don't touch anything in there if you can avoid it to keep it as clean as possible.

-Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts